I have started blue screening a lot lately

KillerWhale4726

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015
I've been having a lot of problems with my computer for a long time now. I have been crashing a lot and have froze a lot in the past. The only fix is re-installing windows but it proceeds with in a month. I just want some suggestions of what to do.

depends on the type of bugcheck you are getting, and the age of the machine. For older machines with windows 7, when you reinstall, update the BIOS and do a full format (not quick format) of the system, install windows and get driver updates from the motherboard vendor. If you run windows 8.x you should still update the BIOS and drivers for your motherboard but you don't have to do the full format.

if you fail to get driver updates from your motherboard vendor, then windows will use generic drivers that may have issues with your machine.

KillerWhale4726

Reputable
Jan 18, 2015

I have a cd with Drivers on it for my computer. I installed the other ones but i don't know which Chipset driver to install.

Intel AMT HECI Driver
Intel USB 3.0 xHCI

Do some windows updates cause problems aswell? I have heard that before.

you should put some of your memory dmp file on a server and post a link.
they will be located at c:\windows\minidump directory and have a .dmp file extension.

the .dmp file can be opened in the winodows debugger and will show why your system shutdown and will show the list of drivers and the current stack. That is, it will indicate why your machine was shutdown.

they are big files, you would have to put them on a server like Microsoft onedrive, mark them as public access and post a link to the file. Google docs or mediafire also work. Mediafire sometimes limits the download if you don't have an account.