I have stuck pixels.

Cristy_JX

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
Hello,until a week my monitor was working good,but now on the right side of my montior(a 19 inch dell i have it for 5 years).Let me explain to you with some photos.

http://imgur.com/a/a0p2D (this is not my monitor but at first the pixels looked like this) u can see they are like thicker but now it looks like this

http://imgur.com/a/4q8NV (again,not my monitor,and they are not that many,and they are in the middle,a bit to the right)

I tried the thing with the pen and e protection for it,but after that looks like this,like before i used itIt was like first photo,but after i used it now they are much more and looks like they are deeper,i dont know how to explain.Can I do something?Someone told me to diseamble the monitor,anyway its 5 years old and dont have warranty.
(Sorry for my bad english,i hope you understand the question)

Solution
Looks like you might have both stuck and dead pixels. Stuck pixels are pixels that are stuck on one or two colors. This can be fixed either buy softly pressing them back into place with the rubber end of a pencil, or flashing the screen with the colors red, green and blue very rapidly (seizure warning if you do this). Since the pencil method did not work, try to search on YouTube "stuck pixel fix". With the video paused and minimized, make the window small enough so that the video is only on the stuck pixels, and not the entire screen. Play the video for 5 minutes (again seizure warning!) and the video will flash very rapidly in green, red, and blue. If this does not work try for 10, 20, or 30 minutes.

A dead pixel can also be fixed...

mangaman

Honorable
Looks like you might have both stuck and dead pixels. Stuck pixels are pixels that are stuck on one or two colors. This can be fixed either buy softly pressing them back into place with the rubber end of a pencil, or flashing the screen with the colors red, green and blue very rapidly (seizure warning if you do this). Since the pencil method did not work, try to search on YouTube "stuck pixel fix". With the video paused and minimized, make the window small enough so that the video is only on the stuck pixels, and not the entire screen. Play the video for 5 minutes (again seizure warning!) and the video will flash very rapidly in green, red, and blue. If this does not work try for 10, 20, or 30 minutes.

A dead pixel can also be fixed using the same method mentioned above, but usually dead pixels are more stubborn to fix. If these methods still do not work and your monitor is under warranty, it would be best to have it serviced or replace it all together.

Solution

SoggyTissue

Estimable
Jun 27, 2017
i thought you could use a small cotton bud, thats been dipped in boiling water then partially dried so it dont ooze out water everywhere. take said cotton bud and gentally massage the affected dead pixel area.

this is to re-liquify the crystal so it resets itelf into working order ... ensure water dont leak everywhere and dont massage more than the area affected as it may liquify working pixels and damage them instead.

i would exercise extreme caution with this method, but if its a choice between binning and buying a new one, try this last.

Cristy_JX

Prominent
Jul 23, 2017
I dont know if this helps you,but all the pixels are a light blue.When i rubber them with the pencil,they goes intro red,and pink.But if i power the pc next day,they go back in the light blue ones.