[SOLVED] I have swapped my motherboard 4 times now. I've ruled out motherboard though, and I need some help.

Jan 30, 2021
Hellot tom'shardware forum,

Recently, My new PC has been bluescreening with the issue "KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE". I have had to swap my motherboard multiple times now and I have also been ruling out other issues (like a dead HDD and Bad WIFI cards). I watched a video on YouTube on what a Minidump file is. He said to put the file in an analyzer, but sadly the website is no longer up. So, I come to the tom'shardware forum for some help. If anyone knows what the issue could be, I would really appreciate some help. I ran a windows memory diagnostic and it said there were memory issues, but I've been using the same ram for the last couple motherboards. Here is the Minidump and the my PC's specs and older RMA motherboards.

Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
Corsair Capellix h100i
ASUS TUF GAMING B450m-plus II
ASRock RX 5600xt Challenger PRO
32GB (2 separate kits) of G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4-3600
ARESGAME 650w 80+ Bronze PSU
Corsair Crystal 280x RGB (Black)
240GB Kingston SSD
1TB WD Caviar Blue

(Both storages are from my old PC)

Previous Motherboards:

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 (Shorted)
MSI MAG B550M Bazooka (Didn't work with BattlEye)
ASRock B550M Steel Legend (Long Boot times and Possible Memory issues)
ASUS TUF GAMING B450M PLUS-II (Current board, no issues, Possible RAM Issue)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Minidump download:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq-eulidG3Ykjm8MhYF5K6PBzh4C?e=rH2bMm

Jan 30, 2021
hi, windows memory diagnostic isnt really great tool
try memtest, if u get more than 0 errors, then your XMP profile needs to be disabled
Thanks I will try Memtest 86, and see what comes up. Tysm!

Jan 30, 2021
hi, windows memory diagnostic isnt really great tool
try memtest, if u get more than 0 errors, then your XMP profile needs to be disabled
Tysm man, I disabled XMP and it fixed the issue. I had 360 errors on tests 7,8, & 9. Still havent tested if it will BSOD, but should I RMA the RAM?

Tysm man, I disabled XMP and it fixed the issue. I had 360 errors on tests 7,8, & 9. Still havent tested if it will BSOD, but should I RMA the RAM?
if RAM works without XMP, then theres nothing wrong with your ram, u have issues because ure mixing 2 different kits, xmp is tuned for 1 kit, so leave xmp disabled, if u feel u need overclock your ram, u can try ryzen dram calculator

Windows22

Prominent
Dec 30, 2020
if RAM works without XMP, then theres nothing wrong with your ram, u have issues because ure mixing 2 different kits, xmp is tuned for 1 kit, so leave xmp disabled, if u feel u need overclock your ram, u can try ryzen dram calculator
I agree, if there are numerous errors exceeding 130, odds are you have to operate with one system and its components at a time, otherwise the program will be having to multitask more than it has to.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You are trying to run 4 sticks of ram on a Ryzen base. You are going to get issues trying XMP 3600. I have only ever seen 1 pc that managed to get 3200MHz stable. Most times ppl are lucky to get 2933MHz. It's a Ryzen limitation within the motherboards electrically in slots 1/3. There are some boards that 1/3 are equal to 2/4 but for the most part it's Rank limits with Dual Rank dimms mixing with Infinity Fabric. 2/4 has no speed issues, 1/3 does.

Best bet for 4 sticks is Dram Calculator and try a manual OC at 3200MHz.

The RipJaws are SR (Single Rank) dimms

@coolkidswag939
The best speed you can reasonably hope to achieve with Ryzen 3000 and 4x8GB is going to be 3200 CL16 or CL14 if it's a higher end kit. You might be able to reach 3466 CL16 at, but you will need to go through the process of using DRAM Calculator for Ryzen 1.7.3 and Thaiphoon Burner 16.5 free edition to get possibly usable timings for 3466 or just get even better timings for 3200.

I would just start with 3200 1.35volts and set cas latency to 16. Leave the rest of the timings on automatic to see if it even works and passes at least one full pass of memtest86.

TRENDING THREADS