i have the same problem but i can get to my bios but dont know what to do from there can any one help

acetwogood

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
i am running windows 7 i have a windows 7 recovery disk that a friend burned but it will not but from the cd or dvd drive what do i do

Bios are usually Del, F2, F8, F10 or F11. What motherboard do you have? And I hope its just a recovery disk and not a pirated version of windows 7.

You may just want to try to get to the Boot Menu which is probably F 10-12 in most cases. and then manually select the DVD Rom drive.

acetwogood

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

try that still will not read it

I'm posting this to my Facebook page to see if any of my friends have an answer.

acetwogood

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

ty

I haven't received an answer, but there is a very real chance that the CD is defective. CD-R's are notorious for that. The slightest scratch/fingerprint can cause them to be unreadable.

acetwogood

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

i am starting to thing that the version i have on the pc might be a bootleg it was on there when i bought the pc from a buddy

Truthfully.....I think it's time to upgrade to a newer version of Windows. I read an article just a few days ago that said that with the release of Windows 9 in less than a year, Windows XP was going completely obsolete anyway. It will be in the same category as Windows 95, Windows 98, etc. Upgrading to Windows 7 even will be a HUGE improvement for you. It would also in all likelihood solve your keyboard problem as well. Windows 7 is a true plug 'n play OS.

First of all what laptop do you have? and what model number?

And upgrading to a newer version of windows? He has windows 7 installed? Sorry but unless its a Touch screen stay away from Windows 8. Its a mess. Wait will Windows 9 comes out and they "Hopefully" bring back the real start menu.

I have no clue where I got the XP thing then. LOL My apologies! Wow.....I'm slipping hard. :p