[SOLVED] I have the worst performing RX 580 ever made?

Solution
So if i upgraded my RAM to say, 16GB of 3000mhz, would that fix it?

It might, it might not, there can be multiple things going in with your PC. There could be throttling, a software issue on your end, something going in the background that's altering your performance, a virus.

We're not at your house, so we can't dig into each possibility ourselves. But we can see some poorly chosen parts that could be affecting your performance. Most people who run benchmarks for their Ryzen CPUs aren't using slow FrankenRAM, for example. You're not actually performing badly, you're not that far off in the distribution on the graph, but everyone's consistently better than you.

WildCard999

Titan
You have really slow memory for a Ryzen system which could be affecting CPU performance, plus the CPU boost speed is really low.

Mismatched memory (8+4gb) is also not ideal.

Low GPU scores are usually caused by vsync/Freesync/Gsync, disable and rerun.

w.cattermoul

Reputable
Nov 1, 2018
You have really slow memory for a Ryzen system which could be affecting CPU performance, plus the CPU boost speed is really low.

Mismatched memory (8+4gb) is also not ideal.

Low GPU scores are usually caused by vsync/Freesync/Gsync, disable and rerun.
I just disabled the Radeon anti lag or what ever and ran the test. Its even worse this time...
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29613564

DSzymborski

Titan
I just disabled the Radeon anti lag or what ever and ran the test. Its even worse this time...
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/29613564

That's something to reduce user input lag. This has nothing to do with the test, nor would anyone suggest that this would solve your problem.

The test difference is hard drive, which was likely doing something else given the sudden drops in performance.

DSzymborski

Titan
So if i upgraded my RAM to say, 16GB of 3000mhz, would that fix it?

It might, it might not, there can be multiple things going in with your PC. There could be throttling, a software issue on your end, something going in the background that's altering your performance, a virus.

We're not at your house, so we can't dig into each possibility ourselves. But we can see some poorly chosen parts that could be affecting your performance. Most people who run benchmarks for their Ryzen CPUs aren't using slow FrankenRAM, for example. You're not actually performing badly, you're not that far off in the distribution on the graph, but everyone's consistently better than you.

Solution

WildCard999

Titan
Just to note, this is only a benchmark. If the system is performing well for your uses then I wouldn't stress out about this. When you do decide to get more memory then buy a 3200 2x8gb kit and prior to a GPU upgrade I'd upgrade that PSU. Also once the PSU has been replaced maybe consider doing some CPU overclocking.

TRENDING THREADS