[SOLVED] i have to restart my external drive bay when i restart windows so the drives are recognized

Oct 31, 2020
i hope i'm explaining this right...

i have an external drive enclosure with three hard drives and it's connected to my PC by a usb cable and everything is good, however, whenever i start or restart my pc (windows 10, 64bit) when windows starts the external drives are not recognized. i have to restart the power to the external drive bay after windows start and then windows sees them and we're back in business.

is there a way that when my pc starts it recognizes it's good friend my external hard drive without me having to hit the power switch on the external drive bay. it seems like something is not right here.

john

Solution
The problem is in a software level.

Does that external drive enclosure come with a driver DVD? If it has a driver that allows or has a setting to make all drives connected to it also auto mount on Windows every time you start Windows 10, then it can be feasible. Otherwise there's no other option but to power cycle the external drive enclosure each time you restart or cold boot towards Windows.
The problem is in a software level.

Does that external drive enclosure come with a driver DVD? If it has a driver that allows or has a setting to make all drives connected to it also auto mount on Windows every time you start Windows 10, then it can be feasible. Otherwise there's no other option but to power cycle the external drive enclosure each time you restart or cold boot towards Windows.

Solution