[SOLVED] I have to restart my pc every time I play a new game

Oct 7, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 2600 and a rx 580 8gb of for my main specs. For example, if I play r6 for a few hours then decide to play, maybe like fortnite with some friends, my fortnite will eventually crash and vice versa. I just switched to pc a month ago so I’m not sure if this is normal or something is wrong. Any help would be great. The only way I’ve found to solve this problem is if after every game I play I restart my pc.

Solution
I don’t know man. I just got what I seen on YouTube and what people said. I thought If it was the PSU problem my whole pc would be hot or crash.

As I said, this particular problem may not be caused by the PSU. But it remains a very low-quality PSU that I'd never recommend to anyone with a discrete GPU. I would be extremely uneasy about having that in one of my machines and would replace it even if your PC appeared to be running flawlessly.
List your full PC specs, including mobo, ram, PSU.

It could be a PSU problem if it's just restarting mid game, if it hangs (BSOD) then it could be memory. Listing your specs will help.

Did you build the PC yourself? It's worth checking all cables are connected corerctly. Ram/GPU is seated correctly. All system drivers/GPU drivers and OS is fully up to date. Worthwhile checking to see if your mobo has the latest bios too!

Let us know.

Ralston18

Titan
Not normal.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. There may be some error codes and warnings associated with the crashes.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while playing r6 and then going to play fortnite.

Oct 7, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 2600
Not normal.

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

Take a look in Reliability History and Event Viewer. There may be some error codes and warnings associated with the crashes.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance while playing r6 and then going to play fortnite.

Ryzen 5 2600
Rx 580 8gb oc armor
16gb tforce ram
2tb hd
500gb ssd
Msi b450m Gaming plus mb
500w power supply

I will check that stuff to see for crash info. I did build it myself too. It’s my first pc.

Ps: sorry late reply. Never got notifications for responses

Pizza PowerXYZ

Commendable
Apr 28, 2019
I have a ryzen 5 2600

Ryzen 5 2600
Rx 580 8gb oc armor
16gb tforce ram
2tb hd
500gb ssd
Msi b450m Gaming plus mb
500w power supply

I will check that stuff to see for crash info. I did build it myself too. It’s my first pc.

Ps: sorry late reply. Never got notifications for responses
Is anything overclocked? If so, it could be a too extreme overclock and may be crashing the game. Are things running to hot? Is every part in good condition or what?

Oct 7, 2019
Which ones precisely? It's not; I'm not sure it's actually the problem here, but it's a low-quality hec-made PSU with cheapo capacitors and a 20-year-old design.
I don’t know man. I just got what I seen on YouTube and what people said. I thought If it was the PSU problem my whole pc would be hot or crash.

DSzymborski

Titan

As I said, this particular problem may not be caused by the PSU. But it remains a very low-quality PSU that I'd never recommend to anyone with a discrete GPU. I would be extremely uneasy about having that in one of my machines and would replace it even if your PC appeared to be running flawlessly.

Solution
Oct 7, 2019
Ah okay. I see