[SOLVED] I have to trouble shoot my internet connection every time I start my laptop

Feb 28, 2021
So, a while ago I tried to host a server in Minecraft, I failed because for some reason the port forwarding was not working out, (probably)
I reset everything to normal, however, ever since then my laptop started to behave weirdly, once each day (especially when my laptop auto-shuts down), I cannot connect through Ethernet, I have to go to troubleshoot it using the Windows 10 default troubleshooting, and I get one of two messages:
1- Ethernet has invalid IP configuration
2- The default gateway is not available
Then the problem is fixed.

However it's getting so annoying when everytime I start my laptop I have to go through that, I have tried connecting to different routers and the problem still exists.
I have tried resetting the internet adaptor and the problem still exists.
I'm not a "techy" guy, usually I just hard-format my laptop, but I would love for once to be able to fix a problem with this darn laptop...
Thank you in advance.

Solution
Ahmad, I can think of three easy fixes that may solve the problem. You can try them all in one go if you like:

1) Head over to Control Panel -> Network & Sharing Centre -> Change adapter settings -> right-click the Ethernet adapter -> Properties -> Configure. Do you have a "Power Management" tab? If you do then make sure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device...." is ticked.

2) Go back to the Network Connections window, disable the Ethernet adapter then re-enable it.

3) Restart your computer by clicking the Power icon and choosing Restart,

Ralston18

Titan
Have you tried another known working at speed Ethernet cable?

Disable auto shutdowns - does the problem stop?

Also, run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

What make and model router or modem/router (if combined) are you using?

Feb 28, 2021
Have you tried another known working at speed Ethernet cable?

Disable auto shutdowns - does the problem stop?

Also, run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results.

What make and model router or modem/router (if combined) are you using?

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried a new cable, and as for the disabling auto shutdown I have not, I will try it, and for the ipconfig:

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8e9:a2ec:95cc:c638%13
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.28
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 9:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 10:

Wireless LAN adapter Wi-Fi:

Ethernet adapter Bluetooth Network Connection:

As for my router I am using a HotBox2 router (Won't find much about it since all manuals are in Hebrew). And back at my home I use another router which I forgot the module of it.

Ralston18

Titan
Hotbox 2 Router:

https://www.192-168-1-1-ip.co/router/hot/hotbox-v2/9240/

Default Gateway is a match.

Is your laptop's network adapter configured to use a static IP (192.168.1.28) versus a DHCP IP address?

If your ISP does not provide IPv6, disable IPv6.

From Powershell run:

Get-NetAdapter

Get-NetIPConfiguration

Test-NetConnection

Get-NetTCPConnection

(May be a longer output.)

Where I am going with all the above cmdlets is that there may be some mis-configuration on the laptop as a leftover issue from the failed attempts to host Minecraft.

Take a look at the cmdlet results and determine if there are any results not as you would expect.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
Ahmad, I can think of three easy fixes that may solve the problem. You can try them all in one go if you like:

1) Head over to Control Panel -> Network & Sharing Centre -> Change adapter settings -> right-click the Ethernet adapter -> Properties -> Configure. Do you have a "Power Management" tab? If you do then make sure the "Allow the computer to turn off this device...." is ticked.

2) Go back to the Network Connections window, disable the Ethernet adapter then re-enable it.

3) Restart your computer by clicking the Power icon and choosing Restart,

Solution