I have tried virtually everything to change my IP. Please help.

Matt_109

Commendable
Jul 31, 2016
4 years ago I was able to change IP through mac cloning/spoofing. Haven't really had to change my IP since but now I can not change my IP at all. I have tried every article, every guide, and nothing works. Nothing has changed from 4 years ago. Still same ISP, same router, same modem. I don't get it.

The only thing I haven't tried is contacting my ISP to request a new one. I remember trying that 4 years ago however and they said they "were not authorized to do so". That's Charter for you.
Anyways, could anyone possibly help me/give me a different solution?
I know I'm on a DHCP. I know my IP is dynamic. I don't know my lease time though.
My router is Linksys EA6900 and my modem is a Cisco DPC3825.
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
The common method is to leave the modem off for a period of time. You basically are waiting for the DHCP to time out and who knows what number they use. People used to change their ip constantly and would exhaust the pool of ip because of the old IP still not being timed out. If people would not abuse stuff the rest of us would have fewer problems

It is just simpler to use a VPN your IP will change every time you open the vpn pretty much.
The common method is to leave the modem off for a period of time. You basically are waiting for the DHCP to time out and who knows what number they use. People used to change their ip constantly and would exhaust the pool of ip because of the old IP still not being timed out. If people would not abuse stuff the rest of us would have fewer problems

It is just simpler to use a VPN your IP will change every time you open the vpn pretty much.

Solution