Question I have two viruses/malware in my quarintine, but they won't delete??

Nuplar

Honorable
Mar 26, 2019
There are two viruses/malware that I have in my quarintine on Avast One. When I go to delete them they dont delete. Avast says that they won't harm my system as long as they are in quarintine. Is this true and is there a solution to actually getting them gone?

Make a note of the offending miscreant processes /files, etc., and their locations..

Try installing/running Freefixer (in Administrator mode)..(there is a portable version if you'd prefer not to install anything)

Click 'Start Scan' and, when scan is complete, see if you can find offending process/service/registry start-ups/task to schedule for deletion, then click "Fix" at top of Free FIxer Menu....

Once infected, many likely advocate a full 'nuke and pave', i.e., delete partitions, fresh install of OS and apps.

I've included the Freefixer option for your info, so, use it at your peril of hoping it rids you of whatever malware was previously identified by your AV. (I'd recommend a scan with both Hitman Pro and Malwarebytes Antimalware, as well!)

www.freefixer.com