Question i have weird pc noises and dont know what they are

Feren142

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I can't think of anything that would cause this except a fan, probably a bearing. One thing you can do to test this is boot into BIOS, wait for the sound to come on, then individually slow and speed up each fan using manual fan settings and listen closely, see if you can hear a change in that odd noise.

You might want to save a BIOS profile before you do this so you can easily revert any fan settings after you're done.

Jun 11, 2019
I can't think of anything that would cause this except a fan, probably a bearing. One thing you can do to test this is boot into BIOS, wait for the sound to come on, then individually slow and speed up each fan using manual fan settings and listen closely, see if you can hear a change in that odd noise.

You might want to save a BIOS profile before you do this so you can easily revert any fan settings after you're done.
ok ill try. weird thing is that i plugged in another pc power cable to this one and it started making the noises.

Feren142

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
it doesn't do the same noise but my fans go as fast as they can whenever i start my pc.
I can't help but feel it's related to the fans. That's sounds a lot louder than a failing hard drive, louder than a PSU hum etc.

It's hard to tell from the video, but it almost sounds like its coming from one of the front chassis fans. I would try unplugging 1 of each of the front chassis fans from the motherboard and letting the computer run for a couple minutes to see if anything changes.

Jun 11, 2019
I can't help but feel it's related to the fans. That's sounds a lot louder than a failing hard drive, louder than a PSU hum etc.

It's hard to tell from the video, but it almost sounds like its coming from one of the front chassis fans. I would try unplugging 1 of each of the front chassis fans from the motherboard and letting the computer run for a couple minutes to see if anything changes.
they are all connected in one wire and i cant really unplug them one by one

TRENDING THREADS