[SOLVED] I have windows 7 ultimate installed and i want to reinstall it to add more storage in the C drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

NigateloJones

Reputable
Aug 26, 2019
So i want to reinstall windows 7 ultimate on 64 bit and i just need to know what steps i need to follow to add more space in the C drive

Solution
So your hard drive has two partitions, C and D.
You want to increase the size of C drive 20 or 30 GB.

Backup, save, hide it someplace safe all the files/info on both C and D that you don't want to loose.
Run> disk management> delete the D partition > increase C >initialize and format what is left to the smaller size D.
Restart with your installation disk and re-install.
Copy the saved, backed up or hidden someplace safe files back to where you want them and your a spring chicken all over again.
You will fell a little older after installing ALL 5 billion or so updates that have been implemented since whatever version of your install media though. . . ;>(

A lot of time and effort for 20 or 30 GB . . . ;>)

DSzymborski

Titan
Not quite sure what you're asking. If you mean you just want a fresh install to clear some bloat, then you just go ahead and reinstall it off the disk at startup (after wiping everything). You can't add any more total capacity to the drive than you already have, though. Perhaps clarifying what your intentions are would provide some additional information as to exactly what you want to do.

Thermaler

Honorable
Aug 3, 2014
So your hard drive has two partitions, C and D.
You want to increase the size of C drive 20 or 30 GB.

Backup, save, hide it someplace safe all the files/info on both C and D that you don't want to loose.
Run> disk management> delete the D partition > increase C >initialize and format what is left to the smaller size D.
Restart with your installation disk and re-install.
Copy the saved, backed up or hidden someplace safe files back to where you want them and your a spring chicken all over again.
You will fell a little older after installing ALL 5 billion or so updates that have been implemented since whatever version of your install media though. . . ;>(

A lot of time and effort for 20 or 30 GB . . . ;>)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.