i hear from headphones but my mic is undetected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 18, 2018
so i have a lenovo ideapad 110 . i still hear from my headphones but when i go to any game the mic is not working i go to device manager and the headphone is not detected at all even on uknown devices even when i go test the mic on windows 10 nothing works so pleaase i need help

Solution
First try them in another device to make sure it isn't the headphones/mic itself that is the problem. If it works fine, then I would go into "Control Panel" and then "Sound" check both the "Playback" and "Recording" tabs to make sure that the device is listed in them. If it isn't, then right click on the background of that window and make sure that it is set to show disabled and disconnected devices and see if it shows up then. Should its till not show, or only the headphones but not the mic, then it may well be a problem with the connection. If that is the case, the only fix would be to either have the 3.5mm port replaced, or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through a USB port.
First try them in another device to make sure it isn't the headphones/mic itself that is the problem. If it works fine, then I would go into "Control Panel" and then "Sound" check both the "Playback" and "Recording" tabs to make sure that the device is listed in them. If it isn't, then right click on the background of that window and make sure that it is set to show disabled and disconnected devices and see if it shows up then. Should its till not show, or only the headphones but not the mic, then it may well be a problem with the connection. If that is the case, the only fix would be to either have the 3.5mm port replaced, or get yourself a 3.5mm to USB adapter and connect through a USB port.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.