Question I heard a hizz sound from my PC when I plugged in the power outlet which the PC is plugged to. Everything runs fine. Should I be concerned?

Jun 25, 2022
I came home and plugged in the power outlet. My PC is connected to this outlet. Once I plugged it in I heard a "hizz" noise from my PC, not a pop, not a buzz, imagine a hizz you get when you open a cola bottle. Just one not so loud but not too quiet "hizz".
I booted the PC and it runs just fine, checked connected device, and the GPU and the RAM are still intact. I smell nothing. From a brief inspection everything skill looks fine.
Should I be concerned? Earlier I moved my PC to add a new HDD, maybe the hizz was caused by a loose cable that's connected to PSU?

I came home and plugged in the power outlet. My PC is connected to this outlet. Once I plugged it in I heard a "hizz" noise from my PC, not a pop, not a buzz, imagine a hizz you get when you open a cola bottle. Just one not so loud but not too quiet "hizz".
I booted the PC and it runs just fine, checked connected device, and the GPU and the RAM are still intact. I smell nothing. From a brief inspection everything skill looks fine.
Should I be concerned? Earlier I moved my PC to add a new HDD, maybe the hizz was caused by a loose cable that's connected to PSU?
Was the power switch on the PSU on when you plugged it in ?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS