[SOLVED] I hope someone can help me with this as I've posted in other forums and no help - recording videogames

Wonderclam

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
I have an RTX 2070 videocard and I play WOrld of Warcraft with Discord. We do dungeons while we talk in the game through Discord, then I record the footage with ShadowPlay by Nvidia.

The sound of their voices on the video I recorded is way too low, even though during the gameplay, their voices sound good.

I'm not sure what I gotta do to fix this or who to ask. I've asked in several forums, including the World of Wwarcraft forum and no help. No responses even.

Solution
I have an RTX 2070 videocard and I play WOrld of Warcraft with Discord. We do dungeons while we talk in the game through Discord, then I record the footage with ShadowPlay by Nvidia.

The sound of their voices on the video I recorded is way too low, even though during the gameplay, their voices sound good.

I'm not sure what I gotta do to fix this or who to ask. I've asked in several forums, including the World of Wwarcraft forum and no help. No responses even.
View this article for a great guide which covers a lot of stuff related to ShadowPlay. I don’t have access to a computer at the moment to check this out, but you should be able to explore the settings in Nvidia GeForce Experience and see if there are any options...

Cj-tech

Reputable
Jan 27, 2021

View this article for a great guide which covers a lot of stuff related to ShadowPlay. I don’t have access to a computer at the moment to check this out, but you should be able to explore the settings in Nvidia GeForce Experience and see if there are any options in there. Looking around never hurts anything.

One possibility is to turn up the volume in Discord, ShadowPlay might only be recording what it can hear. I don’t use Discord, so I wouldn’t know. Does it have settings that optimize it for recording? This thread is a good discussion on the Discord forums that is related to your question.

By the way, depending on where you live, it may be illegal to record others without consent. I’m not saying you were, just a friendly notice. To find out if it is, you can Google “is it illegal to record audio of others without consent in fill-in-the-blank.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Bassman999
Solution

Wonderclam

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2012
it records discord volume, but extremely low you can barly hear it

There has to be a setting somewhere to increase it. It's not in ShadowPlay, I just looked

I checked the ShadowPlay forum, and the section has so many questions, but 90% of the questions are unanswered.

it records discord volume, but extremely low you can barly hear it

There has to be a setting somewhere to increase it. It's not in ShadowPlay, I just looked

I checked the ShadowPlay forum, and the section has so many questions, but 90% of the questions are unanswered.
Have you tested a recording with their voice volumes maxed out? (+200%, right click their name and slide it there)