Question I increased the CPU multiplier and now PC keeps restarting without display ?

Mar 18, 2023
Last settings i changed in the bios was primary gpu to pcie exp and the cpu multiplyer from 39 to 40.

Tried reseting the bios by removing the cmos battery, removing the psu cable and changing the jumpers to 2-3, still the same thing after i turned it back on.

Tried cleaning the rams sticks, changing them between slots and running one at a time, still the same thing.

Tried changing the gpu to my older gpu but still nothing

Cpu: i7 3770

Ram: 32gb 1600mhz (8gbx4)

Mobo: Intel dh77kc

Gpu: gt620(old) to a 6600xt(new)

Psu: evga 700br (new)

Storage: 240gb ssd

I doubt there is overheating issues with the hyper 212. Case airflow seems to be fine.

Cant seem to get it to restart or to reset bios settings. What should I do?

D

Deleted member 14196

Three beeps is faulty ram. Test the ram in another machine if it’s good, it’s your motherboard.

take out the single one you’re using now and test the other one maybe you just found the bad stick

D

Deleted member 14196

Five beeps indicates CPU failure. You probably fried to Cpu

can’t do much but test another cpu

why were you monkeying with the multiplier? Well, this is what you get when you monkey with stuff like that. It’s never good to change things like that unless you have other equipment because you can burn things out.

most likely, you burned out the CPU, and you may have damage the motherboard

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: M.Zachary
Mar 18, 2023
Five beeps indicates CPU failure. You probably fried to Cpu

can’t do much but test another cpu

why were you monkeying with the multiplier? Well, this is what you get when you monkey with stuff like that. It’s never good to change things like that unless you have other equipment because you can burn things out.

most likely, you burned out the CPU, and you may have damage the motherboard

The cpu could burn out with the hyper 212? The base clock is 3.4ghz while the speed after changing the multiplier should have been 4.0ghz

D

Deleted member 14196

You act like overclocking doesn’t destroy hardware. Let me tell you it does. Now you’ve broken it and you have to figure out what’s broken. If you don’t have any other spare part good luck. Don’t overclock unless you have other parts you can use.

when you’re over clocking, you’re never supposed to make two changes at once because then you don’t know which one actually broke it

Mar 18, 2023
You act like overclocking doesn’t destroy hardware. Let me tell you it does. Now you’ve broken it and you have to figure out what’s broken. If you don’t have any other spare part good luck. Don’t overclock unless you have other parts you can use.

when you’re over clocking, you’re never supposed to make two changes at once because then you don’t know which one actually broke it

Turns out my motherboard and ram didnt work anymore and i had to get a new mobo and a set of ram sticks

Reactions: drivinfast247