[SOLVED] I installed a new cpu and now my monitor won’t get a signal

Mar 17, 2020
Today I bought a new gpu and cpu, I replaced the gpu and everything was fine. I then moved on to the cpu and replace it just like it should and when I was looking at my old cpu I saw a bent pin (I don’t know if that could somehow affect the mobo). Now when I try to turn on my pc it lights of and the fans spin but my monitor doesn’t get a signal.

Solution
Of course you can use another cpu from the same generation. I thought perhaps going to a PC store would be more convenient in your situation if couldn't borrow a 1st gen cpu from a friend or if AMD's cpu loan program isn't for you. Otherwise you'll be buying a used cpu and if there's savings to be had here, it wouldn't be much.
Mar 17, 2020
Cpu-(New)Ryzen 5 3600 (Old)Ryzen 5 1400
Gpu-(New)Rx 580 8gb (Old)Rx 580 4gb
Ram-16 gb
Motherboard- Asus B350-A
And I’m using an hdmi monitor

Mar 17, 2020
The problem is that my old cpu has a bent pin so i was wondering if I could get a cpu that was supported in the same bios age as my old cpu and use that cpu instead

Mar 17, 2020
How bad is the bent pin? Can it be straightened?

Could take the computer to a PC/service store and have them flash bios for you.
The bent pins are pretty bad and for it to be flashed at a store they would charge me 60 . That’s why I’m wondering would I be able to use another cpu from the same bios age?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Of course you can use another cpu from the same generation. I thought perhaps going to a PC store would be more convenient in your situation if couldn't borrow a 1st gen cpu from a friend or if AMD's cpu loan program isn't for you. Otherwise you'll be buying a used cpu and if there's savings to be had here, it wouldn't be much.

Solution
Mar 17, 2020
So
that would mean if I used a ryzen 3 1300x from bios age 0405 and a ryzen 5 1500 from bios age 0405, it would work?

Mar 17, 2020
So I got the cpu and am trying to get the bios it says update AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA to improve system performance in the description. How do I do this?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Download latest bios file from Asus for your motherboard. Unzip if zipped. Put file on a usb stick (no folders). Make sure usb is formatted fat32 before putting the file on it.

Boot to bios and use Ezflash then follow the prompts.

If successful and bios has been updated, boot back to bios after the restart and load optimised defaults.

Should be good to go and swap to the new cpu.

Last edited:
Mar 17, 2020
Download latest bios file from Asus for your motherboard. Unzip if zipped. Put file on a usb stick (no folders). Make sure usb is formatted fat32 before putting the file on it.

Boot to bios and use Ezflash then follow the prompts.

If successful and bios has been updated, boot back to bios after the restart and load optimised defaults.

Should be good to go and swap to the new cpu.
What is fat32?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Fat32 is a storage space format. When you right click the usb stick to format it, there's an option to format it as Fat32. There are other formats like ntfs. Afaik modern motherboard bios still don't read ntfs formats but could be wrong.