[SOLVED] I installed a new cpu and now my monitor won't display

Mar 31, 2021
I recently got a new ryzen 5 3600 cpu and installed it into my Asus a320m-k motherboard but now my monitor won't detect my pc.
I don't think it's a problem with bios as I have seen many things say that the pc will at least display when the bios are incompatible.
What could the problem be?

Solution
I recently got a new ryzen 5 3600 cpu and installed it into my Asus a320m-k motherboard but now my monitor won't detect my pc.
I don't think it's a problem with bios as I have seen many things say that the pc will at least display when the bios are incompatible.

That's not accurate. There's a reason that AMD has a whole program of loaner CPUs to update BIOS; if what you saw was true, there would be no need for that.

DID you update your BIOS? That's kind of the key question here you leave unanswered. You have to have BIOS 4801 or later.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

That's not accurate. There's a reason that AMD has a whole program of loaner CPUs to update BIOS; if what you saw was true, there would be no need for that.

DID you update your BIOS? That's kind of the key question here you leave unanswered. You have to have BIOS 4801 or later.

Solution