Question I installed a new ssd and i think it causes my games to randomly crash and also to cause visual bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 21, 2022
i have recently bought a wd black sn770 2tb drive and i have loaded up all my data and games onto it and now i do not want to reset my drive as that might not even help and i just need to know what is causing these problems
it is mainly happening in warzone and fortnite. Warzone having the visual bugs and fortnite crashing all the time
please help me i have been everywhere for this does anyone know of a fix

(edit: im not sure if it could be to do with the way i have installed the games into the drive but i do not want to re install them again)

Last edited:
Reactions: rafi915
recently bought a wd black sn770 2tb drive and i have loaded up all my data and games onto it...

Warzone having the visual bugs and fortnite crashing all the time
while a game can be affected by a drive malfunctioning, the same issue(s) should arise with all games and any applications installed there.

it would be more likely that you may have corrupt data from the manual transfer of these files vs installing fresh on the new drive.

i would start my troubleshooting by installing one of these games over again.

there's little to no hassle in doing this.
just let your game provider(Steam, Epic, Origin, etc) check game integrity and/or re-download and reinstall.
if you have hard copies then just insert the disk and reinstall to the same location.

Dec 21, 2022
thank you for that i have tried to re install these games a few times now on the new drive and it has come up with the same problem of crashing in fortnite but then also in warzone my screen sometimes gets taken over by complete blackness and this never happened before the drive and i have re installed the game multiple times in fact one time last night

rafi915

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
Same thing is happening to me too. Game started crashing right after i installed SSD. But i install my games on HDD or Different SSD, But the SSD(new) with only windows disappear after the crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS