I installed a whole new windows ten and my pc gets into a endless loop of starting when i try to download something

Sep 10, 2018
So i recently got a new mobo and cpu and it wouldnt let me use my old windows software and keep all my stuff because i forgot to uninstall some drivers. So i decided to format the drive and install a whole new windows 10 on it. Once I get into windows 10 i am able to do some things but I believe every time I try to download something the pc starts restarting and then I have to reinstall windows to get into windows again. So my pc cant really do anythig. I even tried a windows update and it started restarting midway through that! I need my computer for doing some youtube and school work and now I have no clue what to do. Any solutions?

Sep 10, 2018

The mobo is a Asrock H130m-hdv and the cpu is a pentium gold g5500. I also got a new 8gb ddr4 ram that runs at 2666. I installed windows from a usb drive to my ssd. Whenever i get onto windows it reboot cycles when I get midway through updating my drivers or if I try to install my gpu drivers off of the internet. Thanks

Sep 10, 2018

Sorry. The powersupply is 600 watts and im not sure what brand and the cpu cooler is the fan that came with the pentium gold g5500. Thanks

lesterf1020

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2006
You should run a program to monitor your cpu temperatures. Your PC might be overheating. If your PSU is a cheap one it may not be providing the right power to your system. We need to eliminate these issues. So what is your cpu temperature and what brand if any does your PSU have?

Sep 10, 2018

Im sure its an off brand psu althouth im not even getting a signql to my monitor and keyboard. I cant even boot now.

Sep 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from lukeferrara2016 : "Pc restarts on boot until it goes into recovery mode"

Hello, i installed a new mobo, cpu and ram and installed windows fresh onto a ssd. Everytime I try to boot it restarts as soon as windows pops up it then goes into recovery mode. I am lost on what do do. Thanks for any help
System specs
Mobo: Asrock h310m-hdv
Cpu: Intel pentium gold g5500
Gpu: rx 550
Psu: 600 watt- dont know brand
120gb ssd

-thanks