[SOLVED] I installed and replaced a new cpu now i get a “no signal” when i try to boot. Help please I have tried everything.

Jul 3, 2020
I was installing an upgraded ryzen 5 3600 from a ryzen 3 3200 g, my graphics card is an rx 570, a 500 w smart power (i forgot the Exact name of the psu) psu, and compatible dual channel sticks of ram that are ddr4. I also have an asus prime a320-mk MOBO l.My bios was updated beforehand and so when i installed my new cpu in, i got “no signal“ even after plugging everything in again, making sure my cpu was okay (it had no bent pins or destroyed ones at all), my cooler is screwed in well with even pressure on the cpu, and i even tried to restart cmos three times using the battery and paperclip/ jumper method on the pins. I have tried just about everything and i dont know what could have gone wrong. I was also careful to not touch the motherboard too much and i checked for any damage and it seems fine. When i try to boot my pc, all the lights and my cpu fan is running well but there is just no signal at all. Ive even tried hdmi in the motherboard directly to see if it was a gpu problem and it didnt help either. Please help.

Solution
Take the motherboard out of the pc,put this on a non conductive underground and install one stick of ram plus cpu of course (3200G). Then short the two pins necessary to start it and see if you can get into the bios.

If this doesn't work has something gone wrong. Just try rma and see what that gives.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Put the 3200g back in, boot to bios and check bios revision again. What version is it on? How did you update it?

And you are plugging the video cable to the Rx 570 yeah? I'm sure you'd know the performance difference between 3200g and 570. But 'just' in case, all this time, the video cable was plugged to the mobo instead and didn't think anything of it, now that the motherboard ports dont operate with a non G processor.

Jul 3, 2020
Put the 3200g back in, boot to bios and check bios revision again. What version is it on? How did you update it?

And you are plugging the video cable to the Rx 570 yeah? I'm sure you'd know the performance difference between 3200g and 570. But 'just' in case, all this time, the video cable was plugged to the mobo instead and didn't think anything of it, now that the motherboard ports dont operate with a non G processor.
I tried booting back bios on the 3200 g and replaced everything the way it was. Still got a no signal. Now i am in this situation where maybe my motherboard was affected during the process of installation. And yes i was plugging the cable into the rx 570. I sought for help on another page’s thread (linus tech tips) and was recommended to SPI flash bios (which i have no ability to do) or to get a new motherboard. This is really unfortunate because i wont be able to get another mobo for a while because i literally JUST bought the ryzen 5 3600.

Jul 3, 2020
Remove the gpu, plug video cable to mobo and reset cmos. Pull the mobo battery for a few minutes to reset cmos - this resets bios.

Let me know how that goes.
I did it and still no success. (I removed the lithium battery for 5 minutes before putting it back in and rebooting)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
You did what i suggested yeah and removed the gpu? Well looks like the bios could be corrupted.

From the motherboard's website, did you copy the bios rom file to a usb stick and used Ezflash within bios to update? Or did you do something different?

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020
You did what i suggested yeah and removed the gpu? Well looks like the bios could be corrupted.

From the motherboard's website, did you copy the bios rom file to a usb stick and used Ezflash within bios to update? Or did you do something different?
Yes i copied the bios file onto a usb stick and updated from there. Is there a posibility that my MOBO has been affected In the process of installation?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Take the motherboard out of the pc,put this on a non conductive underground and install one stick of ram plus cpu of course (3200G). Then short the two pins necessary to start it and see if you can get into the bios.

If this doesn't work has something gone wrong. Just try rma and see what that gives.

Solution