Question I installed my new rx 5700xt and now I have no sound

Dec 31, 2019
Hello all, so my on board sound AKA (front panel Aux jack for headphones) was working perfectly fine before I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 950 to RX 5700XT, now I have no sound except from my monitor which isn't what I want at all, this has never happened with any other piece of hardware I've owned. I have been to every thread I could find on this same subject and have come up with no answers.

My AMD system:
-CPU: R7 3700x
-GPU: RX 5700 XT Gigabyte gaming OC 8gb
-RAM: DDR4-3000mhz 2x4gb CL16
-MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk
-PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 500W
-Windows 10
-all AMD and MOBO drivers up to date.

Things I have tried:
-uninstalling/reinstalling my realtek audio drivers straight from my mobo manufacturer website
-unistalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers through safe mode using DDU
-swapping back to my old GPU and doing all of the aforementioned
-plugging the aux cable into the front and back panels making sure that they had ample time for the driver to recognize it\
-testing my headphones on other devices to make sure that they still work
-As well as this
-And yes I have tried to change the defaults and well, there is no such thing besides the HDMI listed and I cant even get at my realtek HD audio manager

Other information:
-I cant find the realtek audio drivers anywhere so i cant even disable or enable them or make them my default
-Once I do the install for the realtek audio drivers and restart the computer, I still don't have access to my Audio manager
-Could it be that I fried the on board sound card and now have to replace it? If so, are there any cheap options out there so that I can use an aux cable.
I have included some pictures that will hopefully help. Thank you.⭐
Device manager and Sound Control panel picture

GamingTiger999

Reputable
Aug 13, 2016
Hello all, so my on board sound AKA (front panel Aux jack for headphones) was working perfectly fine before I upgraded my GPU from a GTX 950 to RX 5700XT, now I have no sound except from my monitor which isn't what I want at all, this has never happened with any other piece of hardware I've owned. I have been to every thread I could find on this same subject and have come up with no answers.

My AMD system:
-CPU: R7 3700x
-GPU: RX 5700 XT Gigabyte gaming OC 8gb
-RAM: DDR4-3000mhz 2x4gb CL16
-MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk
-PSU: EVGA 80+ Bronze 500W
-Windows 10
-all AMD and MOBO drivers up to date.

Things I have tried:
-uninstalling/reinstalling my realtek audio drivers straight from my mobo manufacturer website
-unistalled and reinstalled my graphics drivers through safe mode using DDU
-swapping back to my old GPU and doing all of the aforementioned
-plugging the aux cable into the front and back panels making sure that they had ample time for the driver to recognize it\
-testing my headphones on other devices to make sure that they still work
-As well as this
-And yes I have tried to change the defaults and well, there is no such thing besides the HDMI listed and I cant even get at my realtek HD audio manager

Other information:
-I cant find the realtek audio drivers anywhere so i cant even disable or enable them or make them my default
-Once I do the install for the realtek audio drivers and restart the computer, I still don't have access to my Audio manager
-Could it be that I fried the on board sound card and now have to replace it? If so, are there any cheap options out there so that I can use an aux cable.
I have included some pictures that will hopefully help. Thank you.⭐
Device manager and Sound Control panel picture
Did you fix this issue? I'm having the exact same problem but for me I upgraded my CPU.