Question I Installed New Ram On My Pc And It The Monitor Didn't Show Display Just No Signal

Mar 20, 2021
I installed new ram no display and put it back in old ram and still no display I Unplugged everything turned off powersuppply the only thing i didn't unplug was the powersupply Also Monitor Is fully plugged in i tried plugging it in to the motherboard still no signal and the old ram is in rn
Specs Are
A320M
Ryzen 3 1200
1050ti
1x8gb Crucial Ballistix Ram
600w powersupply

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link present the User Manual for your motherboard.

[Verify that I found the correct manual.]

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/A320M.pdf

First: check that the additional memory you purchased matches the specs shown on physically numbered Page 7 of the manual.

Second: check the installation configurations per physically numbered Page 24.

What specific RAM module(s) did you have when the system worked with 8 GB of memory?

What specific RAM module(s) did you install to increase RAM to 16 GB?

Did you purchase a matched pair of RAM modules for dual channel use?

Overall, read through the motherboard's User Manual and double check all connections and configurations.

It could be a RAM problem but it could also be that something came loose or was disconnected during the RAM reinstall(s).

Mar 20, 2021
I installed new ram no display and put it back in old ram and still no display I Unplugged everything turned off powersuppply the only thing i didn't unplug was the powersupply Also Monitor Is fully plugged in i tried plugging it in to the motherboard still no signal and the old ram is in rn
Does the following link present the User Manual for your motherboard.

[Verify that I found the correct manual.]

https://download.asrock.com/Manual/A320M.pdf

First: check that the additional memory you purchased matches the specs shown on physically numbered Page 7 of the manual.

Second: check the installation configurations per physically numbered Page 24.

What specific RAM module(s) did you have when the system worked with 8 GB of memory?

What specific RAM module(s) did you install to increase RAM to 16 GB?

Did you purchase a matched pair of RAM modules for dual channel use?

Overall, read through the motherboard's User Manual and double check all connections and configurations.

It could be a RAM problem but it could also be that something came loose or was disconnected during the RAM reinstall(s).
The MOtherboard has 2 Ram slots i used the left ram slot at 8 gb 3 days ago i switched to 16 and i used both ram slot's

Ralston18

Titan
XPG Ram is the manufacturer.

However XPG makes and sells a variety of RAM products.

Random example. Just to point out the details you must consider.

https://webapi3.adata.com/storage/downloadfile/Datasheet_XPG SPECTRIX D55 DDR4 RGB DRAM_v2.0.0.pdf

Scroll down the page to learn more about RAM model numbers and packaging (e.g., Speed, Capacity, Latency).

The RAM you purchased must be supported by the motherboard.

RAM module specifications and compatibility?

Physically and technically. The Motherboard's User Manual provides only basic information, You must go to Asrock's website to get more information and to determine if the RAM stick(s) you purchased are on Asrock's RAM QVL (Qualified Vendors List).

Did you (as posted by @Mandark ) simply just add a new RAM stick or did you purchase a matched pair for Dual channel use?

Mar 20, 2021
XPG Ram is the manufacturer.

However XPG makes and sells a variety of RAM products.

Random example. Just to point out the details you must consider.

https://webapi3.adata.com/storage/downloadfile/Datasheet_XPG SPECTRIX D55 DDR4 RGB DRAM_v2.0.0.pdf

Scroll down the page to learn more about RAM model numbers and packaging (e.g., Speed, Capacity, Latency).

The RAM you purchased must be supported by the motherboard.

RAM module specifications and compatibility?

Physically and technically. The Motherboard's User Manual provides only basic information, You must go to Asrock's website to get more information and to determine if the RAM stick(s) you purchased are on Asrock's RAM QVL (Qualified Vendors List).

Did you (as posted by @Mandark ) simply just add a new RAM stick or did you purchase a matched pair for Dual channel use?
2 Xpg Ram sticks both 2400 mhz both ddr4 For Dual Channel Use Also

Ralston18

Titan
Try a known working cable first if possible. Use another video type connection if available.

Then another known working monitor or even a TV if connectivity permits.

Try the current monitor on another known working computer or laptop.

Determine if the problem stays with the laptop or follows the monitor.

Mar 20, 2021
Try a known working cable first if possible. Use another video type connection if available.

Then another known working monitor or even a TV if connectivity permits.

Try the current monitor on another known working computer or laptop.

Determine if the problem stays with the laptop or follows the monitor.
[/QUOTE i Plugged the monitor into a Different Pc And It Worked And It Just Says No Signal With My Current Pc Though

Mar 20, 2021
When the monitor worked on the "different pc" were you using the same monitor video port as when the monitor failed on the current pc and laptop?

Will the system boot into Safe Mode?

Are you able to get into BIOS?
The Different Pc Turned On And WEnt Into The Home Screen The Current Pc Wouldn't The Monitor Would Just SAy No signal

Ralston18

Titan
Monitor worked on a different PC ; Windows booted and opened - correct?

Did you use the same video cable?

Either way, the Monitor is therefore known to be working.

= = = =

Current PC continues to say "no signal".

What about booting into Safe Mode - will Windows open in Safe Mode?

https://www.tomsguide.com/how-to/how-to-boot-into-windows-10-safe-mode

When you first power on the computer watch the monitor screen very carefully. There should be some simple display showing what key to press.

Varies somewhat. Usually a Function key.

https://www.lifewire.com/enter-bios-on-windows-10-5095780.

Are you able to get into BIOS/Setup?

lf so, configure POST to be as detailed and verbose as possible so you can watch what is happening as the computer boots and reports on its' progress.