Question i installed windows 10 pro for my uncle but sadly after 4 hours it went completely black why and how to solve?

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Greetings everyone. I installed a new complete windows 10 pro for my uncle yesterday afternoon. I worked for him from 11 am to 4 pm to fix his pc and setup windows everything went well then suddenly after I returned home at 4:15 pm it was ok for 4 hours and then everything went black no cursor nothing just black screen. He uses AMD A10 7850 K with MSI A88XM Gaming motherboard with 16 GB ddr3 AMD ram with 250 GB x 1 Samsung Evo SSD where I installed windows.apart from it an additional of 4tb x 2 + 2tb in his rig at present. Thing is how to enter the safe mode of this motherboard that my uncle has MSI A88 XM GAMING and how to see windows log of what programmes went wrong while I was away in my home and he used in the last 4 hours of usage.Pictures proving that I installed a genuine Microsoft Windows 10 pro in my uncle's rig today afternoon. I am also attaching the problem he faced yesterday night since I am stuck with my work I can't make it up to him till Friday afternoon. How to fix this error so that uncle can run computers smoothly. Moreover he wishes to upgrade to a 1 TB SSD and ryzen 7 2700 x with asus rog corshhair vii hero motherboard with corsair vengeacne ddr 4 3000 Mhz 16 gb Ram and an zotac geforce 1060 ti gpu with this new setup later this year.Will windows 10 pro still run in the new SSD he wishes to buy? I have all these questions so i am confused so i want answers Any articles related to this topic is always welcome. Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

@suvo30, calm down. You're describing too many things at once, and it's not clear what is where. You're mentioning two different motherboards, different CPUs, GPUs etc.

When you say "black screen, no cursor" - what happens after force-restart (unplug, wait ten seconds, plug back, power up)?

There is no "safe mode" for motherboards.

First disconnect all the other drives accept the drive you are trying to boot from.

In order to run safe mode you are going to need a working GPU. Your CPU has onboard Graphics, so it might be helpful if you remove your graphics card and attach your monitor to the onboard graphics plug. When you boot your computer do you see the Motherboard flash screen? del/F1/F2 will bring up the bios after the flash screen so you can see if your GPU is working prior to booting up Windows.

Another issue may be your PSU, what make model?

Last edited:

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
Alabalcho My uncle at present has MSI A88XM gaming motherboard with AMD a10 7850 k with 16 GB DDR 3 rams from AMD, he uses a basic Samsung 250 GB SSD Evo pro plus 4tb x 2 + 2tb these are his hard drives. if everything goes well he later wants to upgrade to Ryzen 7 2700 x with Asus rog crosshair vii hero motherboard with corsair vengeance DDR 4 3000 Mhz 16 GB Ram and a Zotac GeForce 1060 ti GPU and a new 1tb SSD hard drive. Moreover, he is eager to know whether the new build he gets will Windows be able to work in the new 1 TB SSD with completely new CPU and motherboard and GPU too?

suvo30

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2016
I figured it out by myself my uncle actually fiddled with the antivirus and must have turned on settings which locked him out of his own computer another techie much experienced then me came and restored it properly with ease and everything now back to normal. Thanks to all for all the ideas I got it helped me understand new ways of computing too.