[SOLVED] I installed Windows but then it got stuck on "getting Windows ready" for an hour ?

Foop_zngy

Prominent
May 10, 2020
First I installed Windows and booted normally then suddenly the pc restarted and it got stuck on "getting windows ready don't turn off your computer" for about an hour so I restarted it and after that it completed the update normally and restarted. Should I reinstall Windows? because I don't want to have any blue screens.

Solution
I'm using an SSD.
I used rufus.
version 2004 build (19041.1052).
i was installing from scratch.

Thank you.

Well, you have two options:
  1. Reinstall Windows again, this time not using the old 2004 version, but the 21H1.
  2. Do nothing.
I'd go with the first one since Windows breaks easily and having the newest update installed from scratch is something Windows loves.

Small_Tarzan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015
Let us know your computer specifications, please. Are you using an SSD or an HDD?
What did you use to make a bootable USB stick? The official Windows ISO Creation Tool, Rufus, or something else?
What version of Windows are you running?
Were you updating Windows or installing from scratch?

Foop_zngy

Prominent
May 10, 2020
Let us know your computer specifications, please. Are you using an SSD or an HDD?
What did you use to make a bootable USB stick? The official Windows ISO Creation Tool, Rufus, or something else?
What version of Windows are you running?
Were you updating Windows or installing from scratch?
I'm using an SSD.
I used rufus.

Small_Tarzan

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2015
I'm using an SSD.
I used rufus.

Thank you.

Well, you have two options:
  1. Reinstall Windows again, this time not using the old 2004 version, but the 21H1.
  2. Do nothing.
I'd go with the first one since Windows breaks easily and having the newest update installed from scratch is something Windows loves.

Last edited:
Solution