Question I just bought a 1TB ssd that will not show up in disk management.

Mar 27, 2019
they don't show up in my windows 10 custom made pc. now have two 1TB ssd that do not show up sort of. . they don't show in "This PC"/devices and drives....or in Disk management. They are seen in "device manager"/disk drives. they call them a just a "disk drive" and all I can do is update their drivers; not initialize nor format. That way, I gather, they would show up in disk management. and my drivers for them are all uptodate. I saw them in "storage spaces" too, but not as "named drives" and after I combined them in that program they still don't show up as a Drive you can move files' so I changed them to not show up in storage spaces.

Last edited:
I'd avoid Storage Spaces if possible, personally; it still has a bad reputation for the not-infrequently-enough 'I've lost all my data!'-syndrome rearing it's head just enough to still not quite be trusted in the enterprise world...; despite a new name, new clothes, and a fancy tie, ....it's still WIndows RAID.

Mar 27, 2019
I thought there was only one way to change them from being used in storage spaces ...so I think I just deleted them in storage spaces they don't show up in there any more .they have always showed up in the Device manager/disk drives but have never showed up in disk management.

popatim

Titan
Definitely needs your PC specs here and which OS you are running. This could be an issue with the Sata controller being to old, wrong/old driver/wrong mode... or simply incompatible.

It could also be an issue with Windows not reading the drive properly (8 & 10). Try using Easeus partition master. It usually works with all SSD's

Mar 27, 2019
This computer was all new in march of 2017. I operate Windows 10 reinstalled new with the new motherboard.

motherboard: 1151: mATX DDR4: H110M ECO: MSI serial # 601-7994-020B1701002128
CPU: 1151: 7600 : INTEL
the operating SSD :2.5" : 275GB : SATA3 : MX300 Series : CT275MX300SSD1 : Crucial
RAM : Desktop DDR4 :8GB/KIT : PCI :17000 CT2K4G4DFS8213

THEN ON MARCH 26/2017 I UPGRADED THE VIDEO TO ; PCI-E : NVIDIA : GTX 1050 TI 4G OC
AND A NEW SSD; 2.5" : 1TB : SATA3 : Solid State Blue : WDS100T2BOA ; this drive has never shown up which prompted me to buy the second drive. all three are hooked up.

AND ON MARCH 20/2019, I JUST BOUGHT ANOTHER SSD: 2.5" : 1TB : SATA3 BarraCuda : Seagate : ZA1000CM10002

I installed these last 2 purchases myself with OTV Technologies building the main part of this computer.

What can this Easeus data recovery wizard. trial offer; do for me , I did try it and it scanned to find 2 different "lost Partions " of 931.50gb each but do I have to purchase this program for it to actually repair or just what does it do?

Mar 27, 2019
So, my son came by and he ended using AOMEI Partion Assistant standard edition. With that he was able to get the Seagate ssd to be my D drive. but we still can't get the Blue to be seen.

Mar 27, 2019
I think it did....but....i can not power up my computer today😫 I used it on Saturday and put it to sleep like I always do....today is the first time I tried to use it since..