[SOLVED] I just bought a new motherboard (gigabyte gaming x B450) cpu(ryzen 5 2600x) and ram (corsair 2x4 gb vengeance 2666mhrz) but programs seem to crash.

Apr 15, 2020
Its usally windows the most either running slow or telling me to wait due to a program not responding, but it happens frequently, i though the ssd i had was dieing so i changed my OS to my HDD and the crashes seem to be less brutal but still continued, i also run ram diagnostic and there was no issues, i tried reinstalling windows 3 times still no fix and also ran a disk diagnostic to see if there was problems with both my drives and there was nothing, im really stuck in the mud here and would love to get this problem resolved. Mind my spelling im dyslexic.

Solution
gigabyte gaming x B450
ryzen 5 2600x
corsair 2x4 gb vengeance 2666mhrz
Seagate HDD
Nvidia 1050TI
corsair vs 600

memory management errors needn't be ram.
Did you check that the ram you have is listed on the motherboards list of compatible ram? its important for Ryzen systems.

Did you install and run APP centre to make sure you have newest drivers? - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B450-Gaming-X-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from...
Apr 15, 2020
I did get a BSOD 1 or 2 wasnt frequent (about 1-2 weeks apart from one and other) but the it stated memory management but i ran a ram diagnostic test and it said there where no issues i ran it 2 once with windows ram diagnosis and mem86 or whatever its called , got a 1050 2gb, corsair vs 600 cheap but was limited on cash. the ssd isnt branded and the hdd is a segate 7200 rpm

Apr 15, 2020
i tried looking for a bios update but i couldnt find anything on there site, i went trough device management and update all the drivers 1 by one i think the pci needed updating and i think thats stooped the bsod but the crashes still continue

Colif

Win 11 Master
gigabyte gaming x B450
ryzen 5 2600x
Seagate HDD
Nvidia 1050TI
corsair vs 600

Did you check that the ram you have is listed on the motherboards list of compatible ram? its important for Ryzen systems.

Did you install and run APP centre to make sure you have newest drivers? - https://www.gigabyte.com/au/Motherboard/B450-Gaming-X-rev-10/support#support-dl-utility

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD -
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Solution
Apr 15, 2020
gigabyte gaming x B450
ryzen 5 2600x
Seagate HDD
Nvidia 1050TI
corsair vs 600

upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

Yeah im going to try update the bios tonight when i finish work, ill tell you how it goes.

It states this on there website for the ram compatibility.
4 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 64 GB of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR4 3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/2933/2667/2400/2133 MHz memory modules
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer "Memory Support List" for more information.)

Pc part picker also clarified it the ram brand was compatible with the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS