Question I just bought an Aorus B550m Elite but it can't boot into Windows anymore ?

Dec 23, 2021
I just bought an Aorus B550m elite but it can't boot into windows, trying to boot from USB doesn't work with neither UEFI, nor LEGACY mode. During boot (hard drive as well as USB) boot loop occurs and Sys Fan 1 stops spinning and USB keyboard and mouse lose power.I had to Q flash the bios to get this far, after the crash I had no picture and all fans spinning on full speed, no sign of booting what so ever.

This all happened after I had installed Gigabyte APP Center and started using RGB fusion 2.0. After a color change, a blue screen crash appeared. By flashing the latest bios file using the Q flash button I can enter the bios again but still no boot. USB and Sys Fan 1 power drops during boot loop. Any suggestions would be great.

I just bought an Aorus B550m elite but it can't boot into windows, trying to boot from USB doesn't work with neither UEFI, nor LEGACY mode. During boot (hard drive as well as USB) boot loop occurs and Sys Fan 1 stops spinning and USB keyboard and mouse lose power.I had to Q flash the bios to get this far, after the crash I had no picture and all fans spinning on full speed, no sign of booting what so ever.

This all happened after I had installed Gigabyte APP Center and started using RGB fusion 2.0. After a color change, a blue screen crash appeared. By flashing the latest bios file using the Q flash button I can enter the bios again but still no boot. USB and Sys Fan 1 power drops during boot loop. Any suggestions would be great.
Have you tried resetting CMOS? check your manual how and location of the pins you need to short together.

Also, the rest of your hardware specs may be helpful: CPU, GPU, PSU and memory in particular.

Reactions: driverlessuber
Dec 23, 2021
Thank you for getting back to me. I came to the conclusion that it's hopeless. I tried every possible fix there is, from CMOS reset, to flashing the latest bios, disabling CSM & resetting keys, trying to boot legacy instead of UEFI. Neither the GEN4 m.2 SSD, nor any USB thumb drive will boot up. The initial crash with cryptic hexadecimal blue screen happened while I used RGB Fusion 2.0 for the first time. After this crash the system wouldn't boot and show no picture either. The only way to get the system back to boot into bios was by flashing the latest bios file using the Qflash button on the MOBO. As soon as I leave the bios to boot from either USB or SSD the system will freeze after some seconds and the cpu fan will stop and keyboard and mouse will power down (USB power drop). Using the reset key will restart the system and allowing me to boot into bios again, but there is an error message PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not Match appearing randomly with a chance to appear in 1 of 5 reboots.

All parts are brand new, first install. Windows was working fine until I installed Gigabyte APP Center and started using RGB fusion 2.0.

Aorus B550M Elite, R5 5950x, RTX 3060 12GB, 2x 8GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB, Corsair CX650F modular PSU with 4 pin RGB in, Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 GEN4 SSD, Cougar Helor 360 water cooling (the pump stops spinning every time a drive is starting to boot, no matter which fan header used)

Since I tried everything I can think of, it seems like I have to RMA the mainboard. I know it's odd since booting into bios is just fine and also Win 10 was doing fine until the initial sudden crash with RGB Fusion 2.0.