I just built a computer and my monitor says its in power Savin mode

Trahman38

Reputable
Oct 28, 2014
Hi
I just built a new computer, I haven't installed windows it yet but I connected it to my monitor(old dell one) and my monitor says "in power save mode. Press computer power button or any key on keyboard or move mouse" I tried all three and none them did anything. I've checked if everything is plugged in right and I moved the ram to another slot but it didn't do anything. The computers fans spin and the LEDs turn on.

Specs
Fx 6300 with stock cooler
Msi R9 270x hawk
Evga 500b 500w psu
Kingston hyperx 4gb 1866mhz ram(1 stick)
64gb transcend ssd

Solution
Sounds like the system doesn't POST.

Reasons could be:
1. Bad memory.
2. Bad GPU
3. Bad CPU.
4. Bad motherboard.

Since there are no beep codes-
1. Remove all memory except for 1 stick. Test. Still not working- replace that single stick with another. Still not working- memory should be okay then.
2. Remove GPU and use on board- if you don't have on board video... do you have an old gpu to test with? If so, plug it in. If not... move on.
3. Reseat the CPU. Still not working- try another CPU. If you cannot, move on.

At this point you should have been able to figure out which part isn't working. If you can try additional memory, cpu, and gpu, and still not working- RMA the board.

cowboydude99

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Sounds like the system doesn't POST.

Reasons could be:
1. Bad memory.
2. Bad GPU
3. Bad CPU.
4. Bad motherboard.

Since there are no beep codes-
1. Remove all memory except for 1 stick. Test. Still not working- replace that single stick with another. Still not working- memory should be okay then.
2. Remove GPU and use on board- if you don't have on board video... do you have an old gpu to test with? If so, plug it in. If not... move on.
3. Reseat the CPU. Still not working- try another CPU. If you cannot, move on.

At this point you should have been able to figure out which part isn't working. If you can try additional memory, cpu, and gpu, and still not working- RMA the board.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS