[SOLVED] I just built a new PC but I am encountering a VGA error ?

Oct 21, 2021
I built my pc with integrated graphic due to the current market. It's built with a Ryzen 5 5600G paired with an Asrock Phantom Gaming 4. It posts with 3000 and 4000 CPUs but not the 5600G. I made sure the BIOS is up to date but the VGA error still shows up on the board with no video output. Does anybody have any solutions?

Specs:
5600G
Asrock Phanton Gaming 4
Silicon Power 16GB 3200
EVGA 500W 80+ Gold

Solution: New mobo. The asrock board was broken and I now have a TUF Gaming B550-Plus which I picked up for $120

Last edited:
Solution
Remove all devices except the CPU, GPU, and a single stick of memory (no storage devices). In this state, are you able to access the BIOS?
No. Though I'm thinking of going for for the Asus B550-Plus. It has BIOS flashback in case I need it and I can get one for ~$120 at Microcenter.

Edit: Got the board, works like a charm
Oct 21, 2021
You have BIOS version 1.80 or newer installed? Just verifying.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550 Phantom Gaming 4/#CPU

After installing the new CPU, did you manually reset the BIOS (jumper or remove battery method)?

Also, what cable type/connection and you using to connect to your display?
I do have 1.8 installed. I have not reset the BIOS, I've heard doing this after a BIOS installed can wipe the new install. I've used HDMI and USB 3 to DVI to HMDI. The port does work, the people at Microcenter got it to post with different CPUs.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
At this point, it seems that the issue must be one of these two things.

Either the motherboard is not running the correct BIOS, or the CPU in not actually a 5600G (possibly a 5600X for example).

Do you have access to an older, compatible CPU to ensure the BIOS version is correct?

Reactions: helper800
Oct 21, 2021
At this point, it seems that the issue must be one of these two things.

Either the motherboard is not running the correct BIOS, or the CPU in not actually a 5600G (possibly a 5600X for example).

Do you have access to an older, compatible CPU to ensure the BIOS version is correct?
I do not. However I went out and bought a GPU and I'm now facing a BOOT light on my mobo

Oct 21, 2021
Remove all devices except the CPU, GPU, and a single stick of memory (no storage devices). In this state, are you able to access the BIOS?
No. Though I'm thinking of going for for the Asus B550-Plus. It has BIOS flashback in case I need it and I can get one for ~$120 at Microcenter.

Edit: Got the board, works like a charm

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS