I just can't stop my usb devices from running and tried closing everything "open" that is obvious.

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I just can't stop my usb devices from running and tried closing everything "open" that is obvious. What am I doing wrong or missing?

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
cant do that do to ueif and anyway if I do that I wrongly disconnect usb the wrong way instead of clicking the little do hicky

I DONT THINK YOU KNOW WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT!! I am not a tech person.

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
I need to turn off my computer at times due to high temperatures, etc.

THE POINT IS there must be the ability to turn off these devices. I NEED help finding where the usb is running. This question is not answered yet!

What about some internal systems running Not Detected on the task bar!

I don't understand why for example SATA devices can be shut down at will and not usb devices. One of my usb devices is attached to a SATA hdd.

jhmac777

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Chicano said:
äYou are supposed to click on the USB icon on the taskbar > next click on the line that says "Eject the usb device" (named according to it ID). You will receive a message when it's ready for removal... it may take several seconds depending on the contained data and size.

And you can configure it for quick removal in the device manager. for no need to shut it down every time. Right click on Computer and select Manage... click on Device Manager > find the USB device > right click it and select Properties > click on the Policies tab > mark Quick removal (default)

TRENDING THREADS