I just cracked an expensive LCD Monitor - What are my options?

Freemun

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013
Hi everyone,

My cats and I just managed to tip a Dell Ultrasharp u2412m Monitor on it's front. When we picked it up, the LCD screen is cracked pretty badly.

We can't afford to replace the monitor and it's very important for my girlfriend's graphics design course. She doesn't know it's broken yet, and I'm hoping I can find a solution before she finds out.

Are there any options I could explore in terms of getting it repaired? I can't find any places offering spare parts for Dell monitors. I've got no problem whipping it apart myself, but the parts or service needs to be available in Germany.

Thanks for any and all help.

Freemun

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

We've got new cats. Cute as hell - 1 year old, so they act like kittens but are pretty big now.

The monitor is in front of a window. The cat was on the window ledge looking out. I shut the window behind him with a bit of a big bang. The cat thought I was trying to sodomize it or something, used the monitor as a launching pad and it fell forward, landing on the mouse.

LCD dead.

Me next.

Freemun

Honorable
Oct 3, 2013

I posted here and asked in a tech chatroom too. The consensus is, indeed, that I am screwed.

Me and the cats are getting ready for a few nights on the sofa.

They don't do well sharing.