Question I just finished moving everything out of my pc case how do I know if I got electrocuted or shocked

Jul 15, 2020
29
0
30
0
I am doing a case switch today and I just finished moving all of my components out of my current case besides my power supply. How do I know if I got shocked or have an electrical surge going through my body. I didn’t feel any shocks or pain but how do I check if I did get shocked or electrocuted
 

Math Geek

Champion
Ambassador
if you saw a bolt of electricity sparking into you, then you know it happened. otherwise, there is nothing to indicate it happened.

ground yourself on some metal and it'll be fine as you rebuild it. no need to lose sleep over it. just ground yourself before working inside the case.
 
If you've ever been electrocuted. You'll know it. It hits your body with a force that's hard to describe. It just feels like something slammed through you with amazing force. It hits hard.

So, I'd say you weren't. Anyways the highest voltage you'll encounter is 12V in a desktop. Which isn't enough to shock you normally. Except perhaps grounding your tongue and placing a 12V lead to your tongue. Then it would feel a bit worse than a 9V battery. Laptops use higher voltage inputs.

The only high voltage source is the PSU. Before it converts everything to low voltage DC. But you'd have to open it up to touch a high voltage source.
 

USAFRet

Titan
Moderator
Mar 16, 2013
129,226
5,180
165,040
20,015
As you are still here among the living, breathing and above ground, and presumably your PC is 'working'...I'd say all is well.


 
I am doing a case switch today and I just finished moving all of my components out of my current case besides my power supply. How do I know if I got shocked or have an electrical surge going through my body. I didn’t feel any shocks or pain but how do I check if I did get shocked or electrocuted
Stick a fork in an electrical outlet and you will know how it feels.
 
Jul 15, 2020
29
0
30
0
As you are still here among the living, breathing and above ground, and presumably your PC is 'working'...I'd say all is well.


So I would have already felt it and been in pain
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS