[SOLVED] I just finished moving everything out of my pc case how do I know if I got electrocuted or shocked

Jul 15, 2020
I am doing a case switch today and I just finished moving all of my components out of my current case besides my power supply. How do I know if I got shocked or have an electrical surge going through my body. I didn’t feel any shocks or pain but how do I check if I did get shocked or electrocuted

Solution
If you've ever been electrocuted. You'll know it. It hits your body with a force that's hard to describe. It just feels like something slammed through you with amazing force. It hits hard.

So, I'd say you weren't. Anyways the highest voltage you'll encounter is 12V in a desktop. Which isn't enough to shock you normally. Except perhaps grounding your tongue and placing a 12V lead to your tongue. Then it would feel a bit worse than a 9V battery. Laptops use higher voltage inputs.

The only high voltage source is the PSU. Before it converts everything to low voltage DC. But you'd have to open it up to touch a high voltage source.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
if you saw a bolt of electricity sparking into you, then you know it happened. otherwise, there is nothing to indicate it happened.

ground yourself on some metal and it'll be fine as you rebuild it. no need to lose sleep over it. just ground yourself before working inside the case.

If you've ever been electrocuted. You'll know it. It hits your body with a force that's hard to describe. It just feels like something slammed through you with amazing force. It hits hard.

So, I'd say you weren't. Anyways the highest voltage you'll encounter is 12V in a desktop. Which isn't enough to shock you normally. Except perhaps grounding your tongue and placing a 12V lead to your tongue. Then it would feel a bit worse than a 9V battery. Laptops use higher voltage inputs.

The only high voltage source is the PSU. Before it converts everything to low voltage DC. But you'd have to open it up to touch a high voltage source.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
As you are still here among the living, breathing and above ground, and presumably your PC is 'working'...I'd say all is well.

Jul 15, 2020
As you are still here among the living, breathing and above ground, and presumably your PC is 'working'...I'd say all is well.

So I would have already felt it and been in pain