[SOLVED] I just got a virus and i need to completely get rid of it

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
So i just downloaded a file when i tried to open it nothing happened on screen i was suspicious so i checked task manager for any weird looking programs and found 2.EXE i ended the task checked bitdefender and it was undetected bitdefender thought it was just a normal system file so i found out it was in temp files so i deleted it and then scanned my laptop 3 times with bitdefender it found nothing but now when i restart i get ... this
unknown.png

it says system couldn't find file C:/users/username/appdata/local/temp/2.exe. make sure that the name is written right and repeat action

im pretty sure this is what you call a startup script anyone know how to delete it completely?

Solution
Do you perhaps have a saved restore point from a few days before this point in time? (Often restore points are created right at the point where Windows updates are applied)

Thanks for the reply but i already got rid of the virus it was just a simple script 1 piece of it was in startup section in task manager and second script was in temp files i deleted both

a-guy

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Do you perhaps have a saved restore point from a few days before this point in time? (Often restore points are created right at the point where Windows updates are applied)

Thanks for the reply but i already got rid of the virus it was just a simple script 1 piece of it was in startup section in task manager and second script was in temp files i deleted both

Solution

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts