Question I just installed a new motherboard and ram into my case, but when I boot up I get no display signal. Why?

Jan 7, 2020
I am fairly new at pc building and I struggled alot when I connected all the cables and such, but I got help from a friend that knows these things. He didnt know how the problem occured, so I searched up solutions online. I have tried to take in and out the gpu and the ram sticks. There is nothing wrong with my monitor or the DVI cable that I use (I tried using another monitor with another cable). I have tried to use the dvi port on the motherboard and the gpu but nothing seems to work.

Specs:
Cpu: Intel core i5-6400
MB: Asus TUF B360-Plus
Gpu: Asus Gtx 1060 6gb dual oc
Ram: HyperX Fury ddr4 2666MHz 16gb

Jan 7, 2020
As far as I can tell, the CPU and motherboard are not compatible. The CPU is a 6th gen, and the motherboard supports 8th and 9th gen CPUs only

But you might want to wait for someone more knowledgable than me to verify or dismiss this

will the intel core i5-9400F work with this setup? I know it doesnt have integrated graphics, but what does it matter? What does the integrated graphics do for your computer?

Yes, that CPU should work since it's a 9th gen.

Since you are buying a seperate graphics card, you don't need an integrated GPU.

An iGPU allows you to run a monitor off your motherboard. But it is not a very powerful GPU, so it is mostly suitable for people who just use their PC for light tasks which doesn't require a lot of graphics processesing power.