Question I just installed a new PSU and now all the utilities I had to read my CPU/MoBo temps are not showing CPU or MOBO temps, Icue, Cam, Speccy etc.

Apr 29, 2020
The only thing that I can get to show my CPU temp is HWinfo64, right before I swapped the PSU for my new one it was reading temps just fine on both. Also my BIOS can see the temps. For backstory, I swapped PSU's because the previous one that I had did not have the correct cables to connect to my new GPU. Things I have tried for fixes are new chipset updates, bios updates, flushing CMOS, all sorts of different back end driver updates and firmware updates. I know that it's probably okay if at least the bios and HW can read it but it's driving me insane. My motherboard is brand new (Asus z390) and this whole build has been just bad luck, so if anyone has any tips to try that'd be great.

May 5, 2020
Did you install Valorant in between? This video game has a nasty anti-cheat system that doesn't allow you pc to run anything in the background, so hardware probing is kinda ruined by it ! I managed to have RTSS show up gpu and cpu usage again, as well as gpu temp, but no cpu temp.

If you use MSI Afterburner too, you can try to go in general settings and disable the option "enable low-level I/O driver" .

Apr 29, 2020
Did you install Valorant in between? This video game has a nasty anti-cheat system that doesn't allow you pc to run anything in the background, so hardware probing is kinda ruined by it ! I managed to have RTSS show up gpu and cpu usage again, as well as gpu temp, but no cpu temp.

If you use MSI Afterburner too, you can try to go in general settings and disable the option "enable low-level I/O driver" .
This is exactly what happened, I exited and closed the vanguard software and everything popped up, that seems like a huge problem as I have read that people's fan controllers are not functioning with the game installed.

May 5, 2020
Yes, this is a pain... I think I'm just gonna uninstall Valorant until they take into account hardware maniacs whom wants to know whats happening in their setup 24/7 !!!

TRENDING THREADS