i just installed windows 10 but there isnt a wifi icon at all? please help

Eccko24

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016
i just recently built my new gaming pc, and after a lot of confusion with the build and wiring and what not, i finally got it all to work. i then set up my windows 10 home 64bit and after all of the installation i got to the home screen. i checked to connect to my home wifi but all i saw was the little icon on the bottom right that looks like a computer screen with a wire next to it. i clicked on it and it didnt have any networks available so i troubleshooted problems and all it says is to plug an ethernet cable into the computer. i looked at all of the suggestions about connecting to wifi but all i got was to click on the wifi icon in setting but mine doesnt have that. if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Solution
Sorry. Install the driver. Phone auto corrected.

If you have an adapter it should have come with a driver disk. If it did not you need to download it from the manufactures website and copy it over on a flash drive and run it.

Eccko24

Reputable
Jan 3, 2016

oddball the driver? what does that mean?
(im new to building pcs)

Sorry. Install the driver. Phone auto corrected.

If you have an adapter it should have come with a driver disk. If it did not you need to download it from the manufactures website and copy it over on a flash drive and run it.

Solution