Question I just moved houses and kept the same plan but now getting packet loss ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 17, 2023
Check the modem/router logs if available and enabled.

Any entries being captured when there are heavy ping spikes and packet losses?
no i cant see logs but when i was pinging my router when i pinged when there were packet losses there were no spiked on the ping

Ralston18

Titan
When you attempted to see the logs were there any error messages, pop-up windows, etc.?

= = = =

If you pinged the router from within your network and there were packet losses then the problem is within your network.

That said, provide more details and information.

For example, post the ping and ping results.

Try pinging from other computers.

Doing so may reveal the connection path causing the problems.

Aug 17, 2023
When you attempted to see the logs were there any error messages, pop-up windows, etc.?

= = = =

If you pinged the router from within your network and there were packet losses then the problem is within your network.

That said, provide more details and information.

For example, post the ping and ping results.

Try pinging from other computers.

Doing so may reveal the connection path causing the problems.
1. im not sure where the logs are in the 192.168.0.1 unless your saying the logs arent in there then idk
2. I was saying i when i pinged during packet loss i saw no results saying i had any connection problems sorry if that wasnt clear

Ralston18

Titan
You are able to access the router's admin pages via a browser - correct?

Enter 192.168.0.1 as the IP address. Then provide admin name and password when prompted.

= = = =

FYI - Operations Guides:

https://mediacomcc.custhelp.com/euf/assets/documents/modem user guides/Technicolor_CGM4231_user_guide.pdf

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1877122/Technicolor-Cgm4331-Series.html

The 4231 User Guide is a draft version but should serve as a reference to help with router administration.

Physically numbered Page 34 provides information regarding the DOCSIS Log.

Read through the the Operations Guide first, then work through the router's menus etc..

Be careful to not change anything.

The objective being to first determine what the router is "seeing" and the router's current configuration settings.

Note: I found a couple of websites using Model "4331" but got warned off as being unsafe websites.

Nov 21, 2023
I have the exact same ISP, internet plan, and router as you and am experiencing packet loss. Although I didn't move houses, the packet loss suddenly started over the last few days with no changes being made to anything.

I'm going crazy trying to figure this out. Cox says my internet is fine. packetlosstest.com says it's upload packet loss. I get 0 download packet loss.