[SOLVED] I just put together my computer and when I connect the power the Motherboard Power Button and Reset button turn on, but it doesn't turn on.

JMusharb

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
My old CPU over heated (Or So I Think) so I went ahead and bought a used one off ebay. Is the problem the motherboard, CPU, or power supply.
My Specs:
i7-5820k CPU
Asus X99-Deluxe Motherboard
Corsair 750W Gold PS
EVGA Geforce GTX 970
Corsair Vengeance 4x8gb

Solution
Hello, I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. The problem was my motherboard, I replaced it and it was able to POST. I found out what went wrong the first time. The problem came from my CPU Water Cooler. The cooler failed and caused my CPU to overheat, but the CPU was fine the heat damaged my motherboard. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

JMusharb

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
If absolutely nothing is coming on, then it is likely the PSU. Have you ensured that everything is plugged in and the switch on the back of the PSU is on?
Thanks for the quick response I put a Corsair 850 watt instead and it didn't work still. That 850 watt power supply works with my other setup. And Yes The switch on the back of the PSU is on.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
What were the symptoms when your PC failed with the old CPU?
You said you think it overheated but generally CPU s switch the PC off when they get too hot to protect themselves.

It could either be the motherboard or CPU so it depends how it failed last time.

Andy

JMusharb

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
What were the symptoms when your PC failed with the old CPU?
You said you think it overheated but generally CPU s switch the PC off when they get too hot to protect themselves.

It could either be the motherboard or CPU so it depends how it failed last time.

Andy
A simple one to check would be the wiring. Not long ago my good computer just would not fire up. Then I spotted the mistake in the MOBO header wiring and "wooosh" it was back!
Ill double check it

JMusharb

Prominent
Aug 2, 2019
Hello, I just wanted to update everyone on my situation. The problem was my motherboard, I replaced it and it was able to POST. I found out what went wrong the first time. The problem came from my CPU Water Cooler. The cooler failed and caused my CPU to overheat, but the CPU was fine the heat damaged my motherboard. Thanks to everyone that helped out.

Solution