I just received one of these 2405fpw 24" dell monitor, connections?

Kims G5

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
I just received this big ole giant monitor, i have never had a big monitor so i was pretty hyped about it. i hooked it up like a normal monitor and then found out, it's not normal. Also i found that DELL does not want to help me.
this thing has a big blue box that is unmovable in the lower left corner ( where start is ) . the box reads "No input signal" I am guessing that all the connections in back have to be hooked up for this thing to work.

I have no idea what set of wires to even look for though. There is all kinds of crap back there i have never used or heard of. what I have is a VGA cable to my PC and the power wire to the wall. i did see a USB cord place that looks like my printer wire and i had a USB printer wire so I plugged that in, I think that probably goes to power the usb ports on the side of the monitor. the blue box is present with that.

I have to assume there is some other hook up that i have got to have for it to work without the display blue box.

does anyone here know ?

Solution
VGA - VGA should work just fine, you probably have to cycle through the inputs via the buttons on the monitor. You're probably hanging on the DVI input when you're getting "no signal".

The USB is simply a passthrough, you don't need to use it. You just need a display cable (VGA in this instance) and power.

Assuming the monitor is still functional (it's a model from ~2005), then you should be all set.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
VGA - VGA should work just fine, you probably have to cycle through the inputs via the buttons on the monitor. You're probably hanging on the DVI input when you're getting "no signal".

The USB is simply a passthrough, you don't need to use it. You just need a display cable (VGA in this instance) and power.

Assuming the monitor is still functional (it's a model from ~2005), then you should be all set.

Solution