Question I just reinstalled a fresh copy of win10 (64 bits) and not a single game does not lag

SamDelgado123

Prominent
Apr 4, 2019
So yeah, I already installed all the required drivers and stuff and even DOOM (GzDoom) lags and stutters. All the games I have on the other HDD are games I used to be able to run perfectly or at least enough to be playable. I changed my main HDD to one with a smaller capacity but I doubt that is the problem here. I am running an i5 with a 4gb RAM stick. I am truly desperate and I need guidance.

a single 4 GB RAM stick is not only not enough RAM for gaming with Win10, it is even worse as memory bandwidth is then cut in half by not having a pair of RAM sticks for dual channel access...

Are you using some sort of a GPU, or playing with integrated video?

(Whenever performance tanks after a reinstall, keep in mind WIndows updates are possibly now being loaded for an hour or two afterwards, depending on your connection speeds...; additionally, reinstalls open the possibility and frequent occurrence of default drivers from MS being used in certain areas vice correct chipset drivers from MB manufacturer.)

Last edited: