Question I just replaced my ryzen 7 2700 with a ryzen 7 3700x and now my computer won't boot

May 16, 2020
I just replaced my CPU with a new one, and it can go into bios, but it won't boot into windows. I've already reset CMOS and nothing happened. The system works with the 2700, but when I put the 3700x in, it doesn't booting into windows.

Ryzen 7 3700x (ryzen 7 2700 works fine)
4x8GB ddr4 3200 trident z neo
Western digital blue M.2 sad 1TB
ASRock x570 phantom gaming x
XFX Thicc III ultra 5700xt

May 16, 2020
I'm not too well versed in the background of computers, so I'm unsure how I would go about doing that. When I did boot it up, I tried to see if it would at least make it to the windows error screen, but it just shut itself off after it posted. It either does that, go into the windows error screen, or give me a post code of 5A and stays on with no screen

May 17, 2020
I just replaced my CPU with a new one, and it can go into bios, but it won't boot into windows. I've already reset CMOS and nothing happened. The system works with the 2700, but when I put the 3700x in, it doesn't booting into windows.

Ryzen 7 3700x (ryzen 7 2700 works fine)
4x8GB ddr4 3200 trident z neo
Western digital blue M.2 sad 1TB
ASRock x570 phantom gaming x
XFX Thicc III ultra 5700xt

b450 and lower requires you to update the boards bios for the Ryzen 3000 series for them to boot.

May 17, 2020
I'm not too well versed in the background of computers, so I'm unsure how I would go about doing that. When I did boot it up, I tried to see if it would at least make it to the windows error screen, but it just shut itself off after it posted. It either does that, go into the windows error screen, or give me a post code of 5A and stays on with no screen

that wont fix it his board bios need to be updated. 3700x is not compatible out of the box.

May 16, 2020
that wont fix it his board bios need to be updated. 3700x is not compatible out of the box.
Would it be an issue with me running a 2nd gen previously, so when I put the 3rd gen in, it has trouble using it? Or could it be an issue with it going from a 3.2 GHz to a 3.6 GHz?

May 17, 2020
did you try to oc it by chance? I had similar experience. the way I fix it was i installed 2700x back to reset bios to default then I reinstalled the 3700x afterwards it worked.

You've got an X570 board, it does not need a BIOS update to run a Ryzen 3000. But, before putting in your Ryzen 3000 Reset CMOS... consult your manual on how to do that. AFTER putting in your Ryzen 3000 reset CMOS AGAIN. Just do it.

You may need to re-install windows, so before removing the Ryzen 2000 processor take a backup of all the files you want to save.

May 16, 2020
You've got an X570 board, it does not need a BIOS update to run a Ryzen 3000. But, before putting in your Ryzen 3000 Reset CMOS... consult your manual on how to do that. AFTER putting in your Ryzen 3000 reset CMOS AGAIN. Just do it.

You may need to re-install windows, so before removing the Ryzen 2000 processor take a backup of all the files you want to save.
I tried it, and it gave a postcode of 5A again, and froze there for a few minutes with everything on and running. I hit the restart button, and it booted up, gave me the option to go into bios, which I did. I made sure it recognized everything properly. It said everything was correct, so I tried booting it into windows, and then shut itself off.

I tried it, and it gave a postcode of 5A again, and froze there for a few minutes with everything on and running. I hit the restart button, and it booted up, gave me the option to go into bios, which I did. I made sure it recognized everything properly. It said everything was correct, so I tried booting it into windows, and then shut itself off.

If you try to go into windows a couple times it might offer to boot into safe mode and to repair itself. You may have to reinstall Windows.

Also try one memory module at a time in different locations.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
5A is a memory code. Boot up to bios, press F5 (it's that in most bios) or tab to reset bios to optimised factory defaults. Let it do its thing, then add 0.05v to the SoC voltage and/or dram voltage, F10 to save & exit. See if it'll boot to windows. If it does, make sure to check Ryzen master or get it installed.

May 16, 2020

If you try to go into windows a couple times it might offer to boot into safe mode and to repair itself. You may have to reinstall Windows.

Also try one memory module at a time in different locations.
I did the same thing to me once more, then the next time I turned it on, it froze on the ASRock loading screen, and didn't give a video output. I then restarted it, and it put me through automatic repair, where windows asked me to reload a previous save point. I tried this, and it seemed to actually load into windows properly. The ram changed colors, and the login screen popped up. I logged in and it seemed to work. I have nzxt CAM on my system, and it asked me access to my hard drive. I hit yes, and while it was loading the software, everything froze and it gave me a BSOD. It's now asking to either restart my pc or see advanced repair options.

May 16, 2020
I emailed someone from ASRock about this issue, and they said I needed to perform a bios flashback. I was on 1.70, and they told me to flash the MB to 3.00. I did so, and it booted up into bios, and everything read correctly. I exited and tried to boot into windows, and it gave me postcodes of 5A, A2, and D6. I shut off the computer, unplugged all peripherals, took out the graphics card and reseated the memory, storage, and CPU. I put everything back together, and it then proceeded to just give me a postcode of 5A with no video output. I even tried different ram altogether and I have a wd black nvme 250gb storage m.2 in, and it gives me the same result.

May 16, 2020
Did you bump SoC and Dram voltages slightly? Some cpus require that, especially at higher speeds like xmp/docp settings. Not unheard of for ram to need as much as 1.4v instead of the more common 1.35v settings
When I booted into bios after tearing the system apart and flashing the bios, I set the ram to go to 3200 instead of the initial 2133 it was saying it was using. I have cleared cmos multiple times after this and it keeps giving me the same 5A code. In the manual for the MB, it only says that it means CPU error.

May 16, 2020
I just tried to practically reset this computer as if it was new besides the bios. I took out the wd blue and put in a blank wd black nvme 250gb that I have already sanitized. I unplugged all cables and took out all hardware from the motherboard and reset CMOS. I put the hardware except the gpu back in and reset it again. I assembled it back together and turned it on. Lo and behold, nothing. Same exact thing happened, it tried to boot up, no video output and only a postcode of 5A. I'm beginning to think it may just be a faulty CPU at this point.