Question i just screwed myself

Aug 23, 2019
i was trying to prevent windows 10 from auto installing drivers and used group policy editor for that so far so good, until i gone full retard and removed generic usb drivers using device manager and now i cant use mouse or keyboard, i am using my brother laptop to ask for help so please help.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
It's also why you use the controls the OS gives you, which Windows 10 does and always has, for preventing Windows 10 from updating drivers:

The only other thing I can suggest is using the hard power down by holding down the power button, doing so two times before the system even boots, and Windows should boot into recovery mode. You may be able to use a restore point if system protection is on.

Ralston18, that's a great idea if the ports exist on the machine. A lot don't have them anymore.

Aug 23, 2019
It's also why you use the controls the OS gives you, which Windows 10 does and always has, for preventing Windows 10 from updating drivers:

The only other thing I can suggest is using the hard power down by holding down the power button, doing so two times before the system even boots, and Windows should boot into recovery mode. You may be able to use a restore point if system protection is on.

Ralston18, that's a great idea if the ports exist on the machine. A lot don't have them anymore.
i will try your method and in have that port in fact, my motherboard is x370 msi titanium

Aug 23, 2019
You could also try, How to Boot or Repair Windows 10 using the Installation Media, if recovery mode won't work.

You should have USB control of the keyboard prior to Windows booting, so you should be able to hit whatever you hit to get into UEFI/BIOS to change boot order.

Booting off of the install media uses the drivers from it, so your keyboard and mouse should work.
i dont know if i am allowed to post links but i am going to try this method first https://www.maketecheasier.com/reset-group-policy-settings-windows10/

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
There's nothing wrong with posting links to external references. Sometimes they help others and other times, like this, you want others to review what you intend to do.

I quickly skimmed, but I must have missed something there. It seems you have to boot into Windows (as in your installed Windows) to do what's documented, and the problem is once your installed Windows loads you have no keyboard or mouse.

Reactions: Ralston18
Aug 23, 2019
There's nothing wrong with posting links to external references. Sometimes they help others and other times, like this, you want others to review what you intend to do.

I quickly skimmed, but I must have missed something there. It seems you have to boot into Windows (as in your installed Windows) to do what's documented, and the problem is once your installed Windows loads you have no keyboard or mouse.
i just booted into recovery mode and i was able to access the control prompt, i didnt do the method perfectly as i missed some words but i was able to use my mouse and keyboard and i was able to use the restore point system atleast and here i am posting from my own computer, thank you everyone for your help ^^.