[SOLVED] I just upgraded CPU; system now slower and Intel Installation Framework Intel Graphics Driver Setup Program keeps popping up.

Nov 11, 2021
HP 550-153w computer with HP 2B2C / Memphis2-S motherboard. I just upgraded my CPU from a i3-4170 to a i7-4790. I did download and install the "Recommended" Intel Graphics Driver for Windows (for my version of Windows; 10) using the Intel Driver & Support Assistant. Everything seemed fine, it went through the motions, no errors. Yay!, but wait... The Intel Installion Framework Intel Graphics Driver Setup Program pops up and wants to go back through the motions after every restart. Can anyone venture a guess as to why this keeps happening? Also, why is everything now a bit slower than it was before. I was hoping for a bit more speed, not less.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that the driver installation (the motions) is actually being saved via some button or acknowledgement to "SAVE", "Ok", or "Yes", etc.. at the end.

= = = =

In Task Manager > Start. Look some related app or utility that is being launched at startup. May have gotten "added in" when you reinstalled the driver.

And as for "slower" use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

Ralston18

Titan
Double check that the driver installation (the motions) is actually being saved via some button or acknowledgement to "SAVE", "Ok", or "Yes", etc.. at the end.

= = = =

In Task Manager > Start. Look some related app or utility that is being launched at startup. May have gotten "added in" when you reinstalled the driver.

And as for "slower" use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to observe system performance. Use both tools but only one tool at a time.

Determine what resources are being used, to what extent (%), and what is using any given resource.

ASK THE COMMUNITY