[SOLVED] I just upgraded my PC, but since then I have intermittent stuttering and frame drops that also cause the mouse to stutter/freeze when playing games

Aug 30, 2019
I recently upgraded my system and since then I have been experiencing an issue where games will stutter randomly (not specifically when under a lot of stress either) and the mouse will also lag or just feel wrong and not move when I try to move it. I have even noticed symptoms of this issue, like the funky mouse movement, outside of games at times.
I tried replacing my old PSU, reinstalling everything, and so forth. I believe the issue went away when I booted the system without any non-windows programs running but I cannot be sure because this issue is not present when a game is first loaded usually. I only notice the issue when a game (not necessarily the same game) is loaded for the second or third time, and then every time after that. A restart can usually remedy this until a game is launched a second time as far as I can tell.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Operating System
Windows 10 Education 64-bit

CPU
Intel Core i7 8700k @ 3.70GHz 40 °C Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel Ballistix @ 1598MHz (16-18-18-36)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z390 AORUS ELITE-CF (U3E1)

Graphics
Acer Z271 (1920x1080@144Hz)

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 (EVGA)

Storage
1863GB TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 (SATA)

465GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (SSD)

Aug 30, 2019
That would be a good idea.

Clean install windows 10 with a big upgrade.
How do you recommend I reinstall it? I know settings has a way to "reset" windows but is that sufficient? And also is there a way to keep my files when I do it because the resent option tells me it will remove all of my programs even if I reset with the keep files option.