Question I just wanna buy a new case for Dell t3500

Feb 21, 2020
I turned my Dell t3500 into a gaming xeon w3690 and gtx 1660 super with 16 GB of ram ecc and power 600w and rgb fans but I just wanna change the case with another compatible case

Ralston18

Titan
What are you looking for with respect to the new "compatible" case?

Transparent sides, RGBs, modern look, etc...?

Budget?

Key is to look at the existing case and get a full sense of the layout and measurements all around.

Then look for cases that meet your requirements technically and aesthetically.

Read reviews, read the case's User Guide/Manual for installation instructions (fine print and notes matter).

Even if the cases claim "compatible with" or use other similar words - doublecheck everything.

Look for online videos regarding any case of interest to you. Some videos are terrible and may be outright wrong.

But you can still get a sense about the case itself and what efforts and hardware will be needed to change to that new case.

Feb 21, 2020
What are you looking for with respect to the new "compatible" case?

Transparent sides, RGBs, modern look, etc...?

Budget?

Key is to look at the existing case and get a full sense of the layout and measurements all around.

Then look for cases that meet your requirements technically and aesthetically.

Read reviews, read the case's User Guide/Manual for installation instructions (fine print and notes matter).

Even if the cases claim "compatible with" or use other similar words - doublecheck everything.

Look for online videos regarding any case of interest to you. Some videos are terrible and may be outright wrong.

But you can still get a sense about the case itself and what efforts and hardware will be needed to change to that new case.
I have a full board I don't know a starandered case ti fit in

86zx

Upstanding
Nov 1, 2019
That board is eatx and you won’t have a io sheild as it’s built into the case. You would be better off Leaving it as is and saving up for a newer system over time like a ryzen 5 3600x system

rGBurninator

Prominent
May 4, 2020
Old thread but new here and searching the forums for t3500 stuff.

I also have a full t3500 board and I am using the cooler master Haf X I got for free from a guy on Facebook. Even as big as the case is, I still had to trim it to get the board to fit. I am still working on the wiring and other stuff but as of now this is what it looks like.

https://ibb.co/r4cw2dn