[SOLVED] I Just Wanna Know If This RAM I Wanna Buy Is Compatible With My Motherboard

3moory_03

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
Hi everyone, I wanted to buy the CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 DRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model CMW32GX4M4C3200C16, and I just wanted to make sure that its compatible with my Motherboard and CPU which are ( Intel i7-5820k OC 4.4Ghz ) and (ASUS X99 Deluxe Motherboard )because I cant seem to find any definitive answers. Thanks :)

Solution
What if the exact memory i listed ( Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ) isnt on the QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists), does that mean i cant use it? Sorry I might seem kinda dumb but i really just wanna make sure, thanks again.
QVL consists of the list of kits tested with the board. If its not tested with the board, that doesnt mean it wont work. Its just that the QVL kits are more likely to work that any other kit. With modern boards and RAM kits, chances of working are more likely than not. You can never know unless you try it. Besides, every component purchase has a return window period precisely for this reason.
I cant seem to find any definitive answers

Perfectly compatible. You are not looking at the right place... https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/specifications/

Memory
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
  • Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
  • Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
Quad Channel Memory Architecture
8 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2800(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133/3000(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/3200(O.C.) MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

3moory_03

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
Perfectly compatible. You are not looking at the right place... https://www.asus.com/in/Motherboards/X99DELUXE/specifications/

Memory
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
  • Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
  • Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
Quad Channel Memory Architecture
8 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2800(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133/3000(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/3200(O.C.) MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory

What if the exact memory i listed ( Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ) isnt on the QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists), does that mean i cant use it? Sorry I might seem kinda dumb but i really just wanna make sure, thanks again.

QVL consists of the list of kits tested with the board. If its not tested with the board, that doesnt mean it wont work. Its just that the QVL kits are more likely to work that any other kit. With modern boards and RAM kits, chances of working are more likely than not. You can never know unless you try it. Besides, every component purchase has a return window period precisely for this reason.

Solution

3moory_03

Commendable
Sep 20, 2019
Oh damn, okay then. Thanks for your help.