I just want a stable machine! MB: asus m5a99fx pro 2.0RAM: Kingston KHX 1600C9D3/4GXCPU: AMD FX8350OS: win 10 64bit

michael_V

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
MB: asus m5a99fx pro 2.0
RAM: Kingston KHX 1600C9D3/4GX
CPU: AMD FX8350

I get serious graphic flutter and application crashing on about half my programs and games.
if I up the core V to 1.5 the graphic flutter stops and most things are stable but eventually it crashes and I have to reset the bios for it to post.
I have tried almost everything. very tiered with very little hair left.
help...

Solution
Well your motherboard is a good one so i would count that out as the problem.
However I would ensure that rather than leaving windows 10 to select the drivers for your motherboard.
Is that you make sure you install of of the drivers that came for the motherboard from the Support dvd that came with it.

4Gb os system memory is not the minimum recommended in a system these days 8Gb is a better option to avoid any virtual disk usage when the amount of system memory is low.

When free system memory is low windows will resort to this as a storage medium for data storage.
Using a virtual disk space is about 1000% slower than using ram. If your OS is installed on a mechanical hard disk drive in the system.
Using an ssd drive make it perform...

DukeIShere

Reputable
Jan 29, 2016
never buy amd cpus thats my best guess they always have problems i had a 8150 and it was probably the worst and unreliable cpu ive ever bought it was terrible once i upgraded to intel everything was 100 Times better.

Well your motherboard is a good one so i would count that out as the problem.
However I would ensure that rather than leaving windows 10 to select the drivers for your motherboard.
Is that you make sure you install of of the drivers that came for the motherboard from the Support dvd that came with it.

4Gb os system memory is not the minimum recommended in a system these days 8Gb is a better option to avoid any virtual disk usage when the amount of system memory is low.

When free system memory is low windows will resort to this as a storage medium for data storage.
Using a virtual disk space is about 1000% slower than using ram. If your OS is installed on a mechanical hard disk drive in the system.
Using an ssd drive make it perform slightly better.

In your case the fluttering is because in all likely hood the system is low on physical system memory and resorting to virtual disk mode of windows.

If you simply bought another matched stick of memory of 4Gb to what is in your system it should resolve the problem.

For every program that is set to auto run in windows after windows has loaded, each one will use a chunk of system memory.
so if you have a lot of programs that auto load or start up, your first set to conserve system memory is to prevent them from doing this.

Look at your system resources on how much free memory you have.

You can do this by clicking on search in windows 10 and typing : Msconfig.
Press enter to run the windows program.
Then click on the startup tab in the new window that opens.
Simply untick the programs you wish not to auto run after windows has loaded.
Then click apply and restart your system.

Look at your system resources again and you will see less system memory has been used.
The goal is to free up system memory to prevent windows from using virtual disk mode.
This can help to obtain more free system memory.

Your best option though is to buy more system ram.

Solution

michael_V

Reputable
Feb 10, 2016
hovik: temperatures are normal, PSU: bequiet! 850W, GPU: SLI 2x 760 Geforce, not overclocked, just trying to get it stable.
DukeisHere: thanks, not helpful.
Shaun o: I should have said, four sticks so 16G, I think mem is ok.
not new to computers have been building systems since you could. (1990s)
I've just never had this problem before...
could be something is failing... so any help what to look for would be helpfull, thanks everyone so far... even AMD dis-ser. :)