Question I just want to know if my motherboard will be gone or not

I accidentally dented my motherboard near my CPU socket.
View: https://imgur.com/a/O2xXln5
It's hard to tell if the traces are damaged with all the broken socket bits covering the damaged area. But even if the traces aren't damaged the socket appears to be missing the sliding top. It is necessary to push the CPU pins against the socket contacts as you close the lever and latch it, so if it's missing the board will not work.

Jan 10, 2022
It's hard to tell if the traces are damaged with all the broken socket bits covering the damaged area. But even if the traces aren't damaged the socket appears to be missing the sliding top. It is necessary to push the CPU pins against the socket contacts as you close the lever and latch it, so if it's missing the board will not work.

wait are you saying that the CPU won't work without the traditional socket.

wait are you saying that the CPU won't work without the traditional socket.
I'm saying that without a reliable connection to the 1300+ pins on the CPU it won't be able to work. There may be other ways with a 'non-traditional' socket but a top that works with the lever is the best way to assure that happens with that socket.

But a CPU with pins bent badly enough you had to use a drill to extract it sounds like you have other problems that may make both board and CPU unuseable. Maybe post a picture of the complete socket and CPU pins, high resolution of course.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2022
I'm saying that without a reliable connection to the 1300+ pins on the CPU it won't be able to work. There may be other ways with a 'non-traditional' socket but a top that works with the lever is the best way to assure that happens with that socket.

But a CPU with pins bent badly enough you had to use a drill to extract it sounds like you have other problems that may make both board and CPU unuseable. Maybe post a picture of the complete socket and CPU pins, high resolution of course.

View: https://imgur.com/a/PvqEasg

the CPU came real bent in the mail and end up going overboard